Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 6

Quote: Kasm @ October 2 2009, 3:18 PM BST

Funnily enough, I threw my sketches into a void and got an automated response.

It's best to avoid a void.

Do we know if R4 consider 'arse' a swear word?

Quote: Marooned @ October 2 2009, 7:24 PM BST

Do we know if R4 consider 'arse' a swear word?

They did a whole sketch last series based on the word "arsehole". They must have said it at least a dozen times in a minute.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 2 2009, 7:37 PM BST

They did a whole sketch last series based on the word "arsehole". They must have said it at least a dozen times in a minute.

I'm just a bit wary because in the brief it tells you not to swear. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marooned @ October 2 2009, 7:46 PM BST

I'm just a bit wary because in the brief it tells you not to swear. Whistling nnocently

I assumed they meant "f**k". Pre-watershed-level swearing was commonplace in the last series.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 2 2009, 8:14 PM BST

I assumed they meant "f**k". Pre-watershed-level swearing was commonplace in the last series.

I can remember hearing 'arse' on Radio 1 about lunchtime when I was younger, it was a really big deal.

Now then people.

Well there are a couple of 'arse's in one of my sketches but I'm sure they'll be willing to overlook the odd 'naughty' word here and there. And if they're not, well then they're c**ts, aren't they.

I feel sorry for anyone who forgot about this opportunity until now because I had a whole month to come up with two decent sketches, and God knows I needed it! It's like pulling teeth sometimes, this writing business.

Anyway, good luck to all!

Anyone know when the series is actually going out?

I didn't bother in the end.

Quote: Speckled Jim @ October 2 2009, 9:55 PM BST

Now then people.

Well there are a couple of 'arse's in one of my sketches but I'm sure they'll be willing to overlook the odd 'naughty' word here and there. And if they're not, well then they're c**ts, aren't they.

I feel sorry for anyone who forgot about this opportunity until now because I had a whole month to come up with two decent sketches, and God knows I needed it! It's like pulling teeth sometimes, this writing business.

Say that to them and you're golden!

So, just sent mine. A whole hour and 8 mins before deadline! I'm getting better at this brinkmanship business. Whistling nnocently

My blasted e-mail was down for ages last night. Consequently my submissions were 6 minutes after deadline. Errr Oh well, they might still let them through - then they can reject them.

Quote: Speckled Jim @ October 2 2009, 9:55 PM BST

Ditto with the good luck.

Last year I think it was about the same time of year that they asked for submissions, and they started recording in December. Show went out over Jan-Feb. So it's likely that it will be early in the new year.

Quote: Marooned @ October 2 2009, 8:32 PM BST

I can remember hearing 'arse' on Radio 1 about lunchtime when I was younger, it was a really big deal.

Was it Simon Bates?

Quote: Badge @ October 3 2009, 12:44 PM BST

Ditto with the good luck.

Last year I think it was about the same time of year that they asked for submissions, and they started recording in December. Show went out over Jan-Feb. So it's likely that it will be early in the new year.

Was it Simon Bates?

It was Chris Moyles; I'm only 20!

Two sketches sent off Friday morning.

And now the waiting...

And now the waiting...

I no longer let the dreaded waiting worry me.
I simply make a note of what is sent where and on what date, then forget about it and start work on something else.