Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 3

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 9:45 PM BST

I've got a sketch that I want to send, but it's a bit different.
I need to PM one of my trusted friends on here, but I don't want to in case they tell me that it's rubbish.

One of your 'trusted friends' - trusted - ha! PM'd it to me and it's rubbish - not even recyclable rubbish like Mikey Jackson's

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 22 2009, 11:59 PM BST

Have you two submitted stuff before and/or listened to the series?

Yes/No, like Steve. I saw someone mention slimoo and downloading, so the episodes are out there somewhere...

Quote: Morrace @ September 23 2009, 12:17 AM BST

One of your 'trusted friends' - trusted - ha! PM'd it to me and it's rubbish - not even recyclable rubbish like Mikey Jackson's

Hmm Trusted friends wasn't quite the right phrase.
But Rubbish definitely was.
But please don't tell me it's not recyclable, all my material has, I mean is.
:D

I've made a fortune by recycling all my scripts into toilet paper and selling it to Andrex. :P

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 23 2009, 12:15 AM BST

I think Afinkawan has an mp3 of a sketch of his that was used. It was called Second Life. Or First Life???

In the last series, most sketches were about phone calls, answerphones, video games, etc, but I think they want people to think more out of the box this time.

I failed to get anything in last series, but back then (yes, it does seem a long time ago now) it was my very first attempt at radio scripts.

Here's one of my sketches from series 2:

http://www.articlesandtexticles.co.uk/imgs/0710/first_life.mp3

And here's a link to some example sketches from the original competition:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newtalent/showmethefunny/sketchfactor/entry.shtml

Great sketch Afinkawan. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks afinkawan. Very helpful.

:)

Cheers Afinkawan.

Quote: Afinkawan @ September 23 2009, 10:33 AM BST

Here's one of my sketches from series 2:

http://www.articlesandtexticles.co.uk/imgs/0710/first_life.mp3

Good that. I may have to reconsider what we send in.

Not trying to be a Luvvie, but that First Life sketch is, in my 'umble, the best RFTP sketch I've heard.

I didn't listen to the first 2 series'.
I did catch Series 3, but, for the benefit of writers trying to guess the RFTP style, it seemed to be focussed more on cleverness than belly-laughed LOL humour, i.e. not too obvious and original ways to use the comunication theme. And the humour tended to be more on the silly and surreal side, rather than rapier wit.

Well, three lumps of unpolished turd sit in the RFTP mailbox awaiting rejection. Didn't really fit the themes either.

Oh well, you've got to try.

Quote: Lbug @ September 26 2009, 8:58 AM BST

Well, three lumps of unpolished turd sit in the RFTP mailbox awaiting rejection. Didn't really fit the themes either.

Or the instructions, which asked for a max of two :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 24 2009, 1:05 PM BST

that First Life sketch is, in my 'umble, the best RFTP sketch I've heard.

I didn't listen to the first 2 series'.

Laughing out loud I know it wasn't, but that sounds like a really backhanded compliment!

I sent in two sketches for this.

I'm hoping to get a step further this year - last year I got "We like what you've written, but someone else did something similar and we think theirs is better".

Good luck Benny boy. I'm planning on having a go, but so far haven't sat down to write a single thing for it. Lazy, lazy Matthew.