Do you GROW? Page 39

We've sown about 8 veg, and have several different varieties of potatoes chitting, not to mention onion sets (and shallot seeds) and the stuff overwintering in the ground. Looking forward to hours of digging, and a bumper year of pests, disease, blight, drought, rot, and even theft, before eventually we get gluts of stuff you quickly get sick of.

Laughing out loud

Just done some digging of my two borders, got a bag of rotting stuff now to get rid of. How easy is it to get a compost bin? preferably free, will spend a bit on more plants and seeds and stuff soon so am trying to save cash.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 8 2012, 10:33 AM GMT

How easy is it to get a compost bin? .

My council provides subsidised bins, but you can make your own one (or preferably 2) simply enough to whatever size* you want from stuff like chicken wire and planks, although you don't even need a proper bin, a compost heap will (eventually) work, especially if you cover it up.

*The great thing about a larger size is that it never seems to fill up; keep sticking stuff on and it rots down before it fills. Smaller sizes do get full (so I've been told).

I am trying to grow back my pubic hair after shaving it. It itches and scritches so I just might get the hubbies razor out again. Also strangely it has the odd stray ginger pube poking out now. I think Chris Evans used my vag as a sleeping bag at some point.

Quote: Nogget @ March 8 2012, 10:41 AM GMT

My council provides subsidised bins, but you can make your own one (or preferably 2) simply enough to whatever size* you want from stuff like chicken wire and planks, although you don't even need a proper bin, a compost heap will (eventually) work, especially if you cover it up.

*The great thing about a larger size is that it never seems to fill up; keep sticking stuff on and it rots down before it fills. Smaller sizes do get full (so I've been told).

Thanks, will ring the council...the chicken wire and planks may be beyond my abilities :)

Quote: Charley @ March 8 2012, 10:50 AM GMT

I am trying to grow back my pubic hair after shaving it. It itches and scritches so I just might get the hubbies razor out again. Also strangely it has the odd stray ginger pube poking out now. I think Chris Evans used my vag as a sleeping bag at some point.

Laughing out loud

I've seen mega cheap compost bins in Wilkinsons recently.

I think a small/medium would do me, will keep an eye out.

Dahlias, Cosmos, French Marigolds, Corn Marigolds, ornamental Chicory, and tomatoes - emerged!

Just hope the stoopid frost doesn't set them back :/

:) Just planting salad leaves, always guaranteed, rewarding guys!

I have bought ST Johns wort shrub, and iris bulbs, hope they grow ok!

Quote: TopBanana @ March 25 2012, 2:21 PM BST

Just hope the stoopid frost doesn't set them back :/

Where I am, the frost isn't so much of a problem, but the slugs are. They emerge in their thousands and will eat anything, leaving a set of stalks where once your lovely seedlings had been. But with this drought, they have so far been absent; have they all died?

For the first time in my life I am growing flowers on my roof terrace and little shoots have started coming up.

What are they?

They are corn flowers (I hope).

Quote: Nogget @ April 17 2012, 6:25 AM BST

Where I am, the frost isn't so much of a problem, but the slugs are. They emerge in their thousands and will eat anything, leaving a set of stalks where once your lovely seedlings had been. But with this drought, they have so far been absent; have they all died?

Yep - probably not even germinated yet.

It's still very early. You have until the end of May to sow for flowers this year - and well into September for food shizz.

Quote: dellas @ April 17 2012, 2:09 AM BST

:) Just planting salad leaves, always guaranteed, rewarding guys!

I have bought ST Johns wort shrub, and iris bulbs, hope they grow ok!

Hypericum = <3