Do you GROW? Page 42

To get back on topic, I just planted some lovely bulbs

Quote: Lee @ June 30 2012, 4:21 PM BST

To get back on topic, I just planted some lovely bulbs

:D

Today I have killed trimmed the hedge at the bottom of the garden. Not a euphemism.

Also targeted by my garden tidying eye was the ivy growing, from my next door neighbours, up the back of my house. Gone.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 30 2012, 6:23 PM BST

ivy growing, from my next door neighbours, up the back of my house. Gone.

:O :O

Quote: TopBanana @ June 30 2012, 11:36 AM BST

:(

Slug pellets are nasty.

You could put some egg shells or coffee grounds down.

Oh we'd tried all that, these slugs just rolled straight over them. It's desperation which drove us to such an extreme method.

Quote: TopBanana @ June 30 2012, 11:36 AM BST

Better for the birds.

I heard a report on radio4 which stated that over a period of several years, the amount of birds which had been found killed through eating contaminated slugs was zero.

Stll, I remove all the snail carcasses just to be as safe as possible.

The problem seems to be more with birds (and other beneficial animals) eating the pellets themselves when other food may be scarce.

A lot of people tend to put lots of pellets down when only 4 or 5 are needed at most.

The leaves on my red gooseberry plant have got white things on them and the berries are shrivelling. It's next to my raspberries, which are doing fine. Dunno what to do. :(

F**k lawns grow a lot in this weather.

Quote: Tursiops @ July 25 2012, 8:07 PM BST

F**k lawns grow a lot in this weather.

Mine doesn't - not when my son spills petrol on it.
Angry

:D At last the huge Laurel bush has been cut right back to wood- looks horrid, but the space gained is amazing.

Just to say that the entire veg garden is a wash-out this year and I'm giving up.
i have 4 tomato plants & 3 chilli bushes in the greenhouse.
That will have to do until 2013.

Boo.

Last year we had so many tomatoes we had to dry trays full of them in the oven, hundreds of the things. This year we have just two fruits.

Quote: Nogget @ July 26 2012, 10:36 AM BST

Last year we had so many tomatoes we had to dry trays full of them in the oven, hundreds of the things. This year we have just two fruits.

I know.
The ones outside literally have not moved since I put them in.

Some flowers from my garden.

Gave to my mother who is currently gardening (ww have inherited an overgrown crazymess of a backgarden)

*sniff sniff* those Budleja smell nice.