The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 603

Haven't they been talking about Blind all summer?

Anyway LVG says he needs a year to sort things out. Maybe if Moyes had and had the same support he may be doing better than the Dutchman by now.

Quote: Ben @ 30th August 2014, 10:01 AM BST

Incidentally, I hate the September international break. 2 weeks off due to a friendly and a qualifier? The season's only just started. Screw the friendly and make it just a one week break.

Go and watch your local non-league team then - although I don't think you understand the phrase "local team."

Quote: Chappers @ 30th August 2014, 11:39 AM BST

Go and watch your local non-league team then - although I don't think you understand the phrase "local team."

I can't abide my hometown, so do my utmost to avoid supporting it in any way.

And another impressive result today.

Don't worry about Daley Blind. His dad Danny would probably still get into this team.

Is it wise to make the captain of England a forward who can't score against Burnley?

(Rhetorical)

So it's come to the point where Manchester United think a Blind man will improve their team!

Well at least Di Maria looked impressive today. I feared he would be a fish out of water in the Premier League, but made some good passes and moves. Just taken off as a precaution too. Can't be doing with any more injuries.

I'm not sure VG understands English football, that 3 at the back nonsense gets steamrollered in the prem.

I still prefer to watch MU over MC, City yesterday were back to barging and bullying their way to a goal that never came. That's because Stoke are a big physical team too and can stand up to them. Awful game that showed how uncreative they are. They win by physical dominance.

I've never been that keen on Hughes as a manager, but he doesn't seem to be doing too bad with Stoke.

MC I meant. Stoke have improved under Hughes but simply reverted to type yesterday but it worked. Flair gets flattened by teams like MC and the old Stoke, ask Arsenal.

I'm one of those football supporters who quite enjoys a good physical match or a nil nil with lots of action. I can't stand pretty pretty football.

I like counter-attacking football. Tiki taka can go take a running jump.

Quote: Ben @ 31st August 2014, 7:16 PM BST

I like counter-attacking football. Tiki taka can go take a running jump.

He's signed for the Albion I think.

:D that's why they've gone downhill. No quite, tippy tappy can eff orff.

I like 442 with proper wingers hurtling down the line and crossing to a proper 9, run cross wallop, straight in. Unfortunately today's 6 foot 9 centre halves have put an end to all that. :(

Falcao to United! Not necessarily what they need, but he likes scoring for fun against Chelsea!

Quote: Ben @ 1st September 2014, 5:04 PM BST

Falcao to United! Not necessarily what they need, but he likes scoring for fun against Chelsea!

On a £9m a year "rent".

That's about the same as a one bedroom flat in Chelsea.

I like teams that have at least 9 defenders.

George Graham's were fantastic.