Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul Page 3

Lol.

I thought the Laurel and Hardy sketch was pretty shocking, to be honest, and shaming on one Britains greatest comedy performers. It cast a cloud on what was a pretty promising return in many ways:

pet Geordie: we all have Geordie work colleagues, especiialy in my neck of the woods, and this is priceless material for winding them up
I Saw You Coming: Thought this was going to be a Richard Curtis spoof at first, but was in fact much better than that.
U2: You are all wrong. This is the natural successor to Reeves' and Mortimer's Slade sketches and makes more than a couple of pertinent points about Mr "Let's save the world but in the meantime I forgot my favourite cowboy hat could you fly it across the Atlantic Ocean for me" Bono that frankly do not get enough airtime.

I'm hoping the coffee shop sketch is developing into something with some sort of big payoff at the end, although meanwhile I'm hoping that Roman, the posh builders and L&H don't come back too often. Mourinho was OK, and if it leads to a pout every week it might be worth it. Undecided on Biddidly Boing and the Surgeons, although Whitehouse was excellent in that. The Norwegian in the gym wasn't funny.

Morwenna Banks can have my body.

Oh yeah, I really loved that pet geordie one! 'Can I hit him?' very good. And I liked the bit where the Edge takes off his hat to reveal a relief map of, I think, Australia on his bald head! The bloke in the gym wasnt funny though.

i liked the show, i thought the first jose arroganties sketch was funny and the pet geordie mad me cry with laughter and anything that can do that is a hit in my eyes, the i saw you coming sketch was quite good, the bill gates one and the apple guy also made me laugh, definatly worth another viewing and it was very good, especially the pet geordie "oh we are lending him to the johnsons tomorow so he can mate with there philipeano maid" pint pot.

Utter, utter tripe from start to finish. Never rated Enfield as a performer as he's very untalented, but expected a heck of a lot more from Whitehouse. This was their "Attack of the Clones" in comparison to "Star Wars".

If I saw Enfield and Whitehouse in the pub I'd say "Oi! Enfield and Whitehouse! No! I admired how you latched onto the late eighties zeitgist and rescued character-based sketch shows seeding the way for imitators like Lucas and Williams to advance it to the next level of hilarity, but to foist such unfunny and lazy rubbish on an eager British comedy public on a prime TV channel at a privileged TV time, you are seriously out of order!"

It was little experiencing a Beatles re-union minus Lennon & Harrison (i.e. Charlie Higson and Kathy Burke).

Quote: ShoePie @ April 14, 2007, 11:16 AM

... I understood what Bill Gates was talking about!!!!! NEEEEEEERRRRDDDDDD!!!!

It was just pretty simple. ;)

I had high hopes and i was disappointed. i was expecting so much more than that, i was a huge fan of Enfield in the past, but this just left a bad taste in my mouth. Shame.

The good thing about the Mandela sketches is that they were totally out of charcter for him.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ April 14, 2007, 11:25 AM

Very poor, which was was a great shame. Just very lazy and not enough jokes. The pet Geordie and Antiques salesman were okay but yeah the rest of it barely raised a smile.

Jasper Carrott did the 'Geordies are not like real people and middle-class wankers laugh at them' gag years ago with Kevin Whately as the Geordie. (Good casting that). He did it much better too. The 'I Saw You Coming' was good, but apart from that, it was ... well, it was a big pair of fat girl's pants.

...fat girl's pants...

Quote: Jack Ruby's Dog @ April 15, 2007, 9:23 AM

If I saw Enfield and Whitehouse in the pub I'd say "Oi! Enfield and Whitehouse! No! I admired how you latched onto the late eighties zeitgist and rescued character-based sketch shows seeding the way for imitators like Lucas and Williams to advance it to the next level of hilarity, but to foist such unfunny and lazy rubbish on an eager British comedy public on a prime TV channel at a privileged TV time, you are seriously out of order!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Spot on I think!

PS Your avatar's spooky!!!

Just saw trailers for this week's. Oh God! Looks like more of the same. I used to find Harry Enfield really funny but now I'm afraid this show doesn't raise a titter

Am I being an old git or does anybody remember when the sketch show was a collection of amusing items one after the other with little or no repetition of the characters?

Now it seems ok to turn out the same old guff week after week featuring "one trick" characters many of which are note remotely funny. Are "stars" too lazy to write many characters preferring instead to come up with 6 jokes and stretch these same jokes over a 6 week run? Good for the bank balance but as for artistic integrity?

Why can't programme makers take a chance and have intelligent varied writing instead of going with tried and tested cack all the time? And before anybody points to BBC 3. Efforts there have hardly been earth-shattering. I certainly haven't spotted the new Monty Py-thon or Fast Show among recent efforts.

Bitter and twisted? Yes most probably but I'm certainly not the only one judging by the majority of comments in the press and on the internet every time there is a "new" sketch show unveiled.

Grr! grumble grouch!

Oh dear! What have I done? The old comedy I like is better that the comedy you like debate has slipped by me and onto my computer.

Yeah I watched the first one and it was nothing like I thought I would get from Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse, it wasn't bad but they could have done a lot better.

Lets hope it gets better as the weeks go on!

"pet Geordie: we all have Geordie work colleagues, especiialy in my neck of the woods, and this is priceless material for winding them up"

Loved that one, my best friends a geordie... I don't need a sketch to take the piss out of them thats what ant and dec are for!

That sketch that was set in the gym with that dumbass man, in the track suit was quite good, and so was the pet geordie, i thought it was o.k, it got some bad reviews though.

For a real sketch show, check out Mr Show with Bob and David and be amazed.