Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul Page 9

I just learned on Chortle that Harry & Paul is being given a third series, but it has been demoted to BBC Two because of poor ratings and it will get rid of their studio audience.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2009/09/23/9665/bbc_one_fires_harry_enfield

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 1:55 PM BST

I just learned on Chortle that Harry & Paul is being given a third series, but it has been demoted to BBC Two because of poor ratings and it will get rid of their studio audience.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2009/09/23/9665/bbc_one_fires_harry_enfield

Not sure it'll work as well without a studio audience. Whitehouse and Enfield are best bouncing off an audience. And this will be the first series with Geoffrey Perkins, which is worrying.

Don't really see why anybody would view this as a relegation as such.

BBC2 has always been more of a fertile ground for that kind of comedy. Although, having said that, it's a shame they don't feel it to be a suitable show for BBC1, given the lack of any decent comedy on the channel.

As least there will be another series. Still no word on a new Stewart Lee series yet.

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 1:57 PM BST

Not sure it'll work as well without a studio audience. Whitehouse and Enfield are best bouncing off an audience. And this will be the first series with Geoffrey Perkins, which is worrying.

Actually Perkins only produced the second of the two series so far. The first was produced by Phil Bowker. (See Harry & Paul - Production Details, Plus Regular Cast and Crew)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 2:27 PM BST

Actually Perkins only produced the second of the two series so far. The first was produced by Phil Bowker. (See Harry & Paul - Production Details, Plus Regular Cast and Crew)

I thought the second series was better, though. Stronger. And messing about with it to the extent of ditching the studio audience seems a bad move.

(And nice to see your still alive, Ian - I don't see you as much with the tragic demise of the "Current radio comedy" thread!)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 23 2009, 1:55 PM BST

it will get rid of their studio audience.

!