Nerd/Boffin Technical corner. Page 76

Sounds like a hardware fault with the on board sound card then. I haven't bought a cheap sound card in years, but if you go here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=11&groupid=701&sortby=priceAsc
the first one would probably do the job, make sure you have the right expansion slot for it first.

My dads computer seems to be infected withsome Mcaffee resistant adware and/or viruses

anyone reccomend some better software?

avast!

me 'arty.

Pirate

Are you good at laptops? When I press the caps locks it goes to upper case but I have to press shift when I want to use lower case. Do you know how to do it? Do you have to go on control panel?

Press Caps Lock again.

It toggles between Caps on and Caps off.

:|

Do you mean you can't get it out of caps-lock again?

You probably broke your keyboard when you removed the P.

I see what you did there.

His name's Lazzard, not lizard.

During a severe rainstorm abot 10 days ago, lighning strikes on the power lines or major supplier switching of the supplies crashed both my computers simultaneously, not once but twice.

Alas on my server computer, the hard disk was corrupted and probably the hard disk controller was rendered unreliable, hanging up when it feels like it.

After over a week of attempting various restores from backup all unsuccessful in various devilish ways, I have now abandoned attempts to rescue the operating system and have started (about 2 hours ago) a complete fresh rebuild of "Small Business Server 2003R2" from scratch onto an empty disk partition.

I don't think I have lost any documents, pictures or my videos, but it will still be quite a while before everything is working as before.

Sigh.

Serves you right for not using Linux. That would have solved everything.