Nerd/Boffin Technical corner. Page 5

:D

Quote: billwill @ January 7 2010, 3:09 AM GMT

Um, you probably have Christmas Cake crumbs or similar in the keyboard right inmside in the contact area. Or you spilled something & it has corroded the key contacts.

For the first hold it on end (If it is a laptop make sure it is POWERED OFF to PROTECT THE HARD DISK) and shake very vigourously. Try it every way that has the plane of the keyboard vertical. A separate plug in keyboard can probably be whacked with your hand on an edge too in attempt to dislodge the obstruction.

For the Second problem there is no real cure other than a new keyboard.

Cheers Bill. Will try that later.

E's the most commonly used letter in the alphabet isn't it?

Y?

This is the keyboard if anyone is interested -

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/109301181_microsoft_comfort_curve_keyboard_black.html?hnav=4294966717

Microsoft Rolling eyes

Quote: Paul W @ January 7 2010, 2:34 PM GMT

E's the most commonly used letter in the alphabet isn't it?

Yes, followed by 't' and 'a'. Best three letters to guess first in a game of Hangman, three letters to avoid when it's your turn to pick a word when playing Hangman.

This won't help Leevil, but I've found that sometimes a faulty laptop keyboard can be cured by taking the battery out, unplugging it, then holding down the power stud for a minute.

For Leevil -- if it's a new keyboard, have you installed the drivers? It may have come with a CD for that.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 7 2010, 3:26 PM GMT

This won't help Leevil, but I've found that sometimes a faulty laptop keyboard can be cured by taking the battery out, unplugging it, then holding down the power stud for a minute.

For Leevil -- if it's a new keyboard, have you installed the drivers? It may have come with a CD for that.

If it's one letter and it's apparently intermittent, the it suggests a connection / something stuck in the keyboard itself, just get a new one, it's cheaper and less time consuming I find.

Quote: Afinkawan @ January 7 2010, 3:11 PM GMT

Yes, followed by 't' and 'a'. Best three letters to guess first in a game of Hangman, three letters to avoid when it's your turn to pick a word when playing Hangman.

My 7 year old newphew won't know what hit him.

Right guys, cheers!

Wave

Anyone know how or what software to use to do a remote connection between a Mac and a Vista Home PC?

There's quite a few options out there, some free some pay. Just wondering if there's an inbuilt easier option or something?

Tiger 10.4 to Vista Home Edition Laptop.

Cheers!

Logmein.com

Cheers, Gav!

No worries.

>_< Didn't work. That's PC to Mac, not t'other way around.

Quote: Leevil @ March 11 2010, 2:31 PM GMT

>_< Didn't work. That's PC to Mac, not t'other way around.

Says it does. Are you sure you done it right :P

:D It's Ok, I've found another way. Pleased

You need to run logme in on the PC and add it as a computer.

Quote: Leevil @ March 11 2010, 2:38 PM GMT

:D It's Ok, I've found another way. Pleased

Okkk