Nerd/Boffin Technical corner. Page 13

Quote: Leevil @ September 27 2010, 4:39 PM BST

I've just emailed him the link for one of those HD driver codec pack things, maybe he'll have more luck with that.

Oh, this worked by the way. Cheers.

:)

Can anyone give me step by step directions on how to a) stream a webcam via vlc (on a Mac), and b) how to then embed that into a html website?

I've been fiddling around with it for a couple of hours but I think I'm missing something.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 17 2010, 8:39 PM BST

I've been fiddling around with it for a couple of hours but I think I'm missing something.

I suggest putting it back in your pants until you figure out the webcam problem.

Can anyone give me step by step directions on how to a) stream a webcam via vlc (on a Mac), and b) how to then embed that into a html website?

What are you doing this for? Smarmy Tell us, tell us now!

Just because. In case I actually ever wanted to stream anything.

Something to do...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 17 2010, 8:42 PM BST

I suggest putting it back in your pants until you figure out the webcam problem.

:D

Where are all the boffins when you need them!? *shines Boffin-signal high in the sky*

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 17 2010, 8:55 PM BST

Just because. In case I actually ever wanted to stream anything.

Something to do...

wherewillnilputtersittoday.com?

Sexy cam- wherewillnilputit.com

Quote: Leevil @ October 17 2010, 8:56 PM BST

wherewillnilputterssittoday.com?

This is not getting it fixed. :P

Come on boffins!!

Does it have to be VLC? I didn't know you could stream using that. To be honest, I'm not sure I like VLC much on the Mac. It seems more buggy, but I'm not sure.

It has to be free, easy and use my built in iSight camera. There are no other limits.

Apart from my technical expertise.

My external iSight camera is being gay lately. And not just because I've been on gay cam sites. It lights up but iMovie can't detect it. Annoying. I've used the Eyetoy cam, but it doesn't work with iMovie or from what I can see.

Not even with Macam?

I haven't looked into it properly. Macam works with Skype, etc. I'm not sure if I need to change a setting somewhere. Or it could be a case of iMovie only works with iSight. Which is a bit crap.

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 18 2010, 12:33 PM BST

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

What are you trying to do? Can't you just cam to YouTube?