I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,710

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th February 2015, 6:49 PM GMT

Yes agree, didn't mean to delete whole post, generally they get a really bad deal considering what they put in for their country but there is no doubt this one will do okay, whether he wants to take the rewards on offer to him or not, he will without question be offered them.

Just to restate congrats to the Paras, that's 2 VCs in last decade! The very sort of record the regiment was formed to aim for. I feel like watching A Bridge Too Far again now, again!

My Dad was part of Operation Market Garden.

Then the man's a hero and the inspiration of many boys brought up on Eagle and Victor or who played for hours with their Action Man. That maroon beret did it for me, Dennison smock, netted helmet and sten gun, what a look to an impressionable ten year old. Still does it for me now tbh. Lovey

Quote: Loopey @ 27th February 2015, 6:15 PM GMT

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/feb/26/shopping-vouchers-effective-help-pregnant-women-stop-smoking-cambirdge-university

Have I understood this correctly; women would give up smoking to get shopping vouchers but not for the sake of their unborn babies?

There's talk now of pregnant women taking up smoking to get the vouchers.
>_<

Women are of course the root of all evil.
I'm sure it's all completely true and not made up tabloid bullshit at all.

Quote: zooo @ 27th February 2015, 8:21 PM GMT

I'm sure it's all completely true and not made up tabloid bullshit at all.

Last weekend I was reminded of just how completely different men and women are, when my neighbor practically begged my other neighbor's wife to take her out to the local beer/wine bar for 'a drink or five' because the kids were driving her crazy. Instead, they just went shopping. (And eventually ran into two of her children at the store with yet another neighbor's wife.)

That's Americký for yer boy - Phuttttt..........ding!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th February 2015, 7:27 PM GMT

Then the man's a hero and the inspiration of many boys brought up on Eagle and Victor or who played for hours with their Action Man. That maroon beret did it for me, Dennison smock, netted helmet and sten gun, what a look to an impressionable ten year old. Still does it for me now tbh. Lovey

I go with all that - apart from the fact I had a German stormtrooper uniform for my Action Man.

Nazi!

Quote: keewik @ 27th February 2015, 10:41 PM GMT

Nazi!

He was - and still had the scar on his cheek.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2015, 10:33 PM GMT

I go with all that - apart from the fact I had a German stormtrooper uniform for my Action Man.

:O I Wanted that one so it could have fights with my para. It put Lara again Errr Best toy ever imo. The uniforms and accessories were effin brilliant tbh. I had para with sten gun, commando with tommy gun, guardsman with bearskin hat and sword, safari suit and rifle, black rubber diving suit, knife and harpoon. Had jeep, canoe and armoured car. Thinking back I was an utterly spoilt little bastard. :(

So Alfred I understand the mod has barred you from all uk army bases, for immoral behaviour?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th February 2015, 7:08 AM GMT

:O Best toy ever imo. The uniforms and accessories were effin brilliant tbh. I had para with sten gun, commando with tommy gun, guardsman with bearskin hat and sword, safari suit and rifle, black rubber diving suit, knife and harpoon. Thinking back I was an utterly spoilt little bastard. :(

You're worse than terrorists

So Alfred I understand the mod has barred you from all uk army bases, for immoral behaviour?

:O Best toy ever imo. The uniforms and accessories were effin brilliant tbh. I had para with sten gun, commando with tommy gun, guardsman with bearskin hat and sword, safari suit and rifle, black rubber diving suit, knife and harpoon. Thinking back I was an utterly spoilt little bastard. :(

You're worse than terrorists

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th February 2015, 7:27 PM GMT

Thank you. He will always be a hero to me. He very rarely talked about it and certainly would never have considered himself a hero. I can't watch that film without shedding a tear.

I had the worst Christmas present ever, An empty box. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for an action man deserter......

:O I Wanted that one so it could have fights with my para. It put Lara again Errr Best toy ever imo. The uniforms and accessories were effin brilliant tbh. I had para with sten gun, commando with tommy gun, guardsman with bearskin hat and sword, safari suit and rifle, black rubber diving suit, knife and harpoon. Had jeep, canoe and armoured car. Thinking back I was an utterly spoilt little bastard. :(

Yes - you sound it. I only had one Action Man but I also had a Tommy Gunn which was cheaper. I had the rubber suit too but my AM's foot came off every time I took his flippers off.

(Maybe this should have its own thread.)

I used to pinch my brother's action man so I could pretend he was Barbie's boyfriend. I wasn't allowed a Ken.