I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,636

Quote: Nogget @ 31st July 2014, 8:35 PM BST

Regarding this subject, can someone please explain to me what Dawkins' critics object to about his remarks? I genuinely don't know what their viewpoint is.

I read the headline and expected to get pissed off with Dawkins but he was saying something sensible - it's just the way it was portrayed.

And who the f**k has been posting messages that go 10 feet wide?

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st July 2014, 9:18 PM BST

Yeah. Right.

Google hedges and see what turns up.

I'd trust him about as much as I'd trust a recommendation on Gaza night clubs from Netanyahu.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st July 2014, 9:28 PM BST

I read the headline and expected to get pissed off with Dawkins but he was saying something sensible - it's just the way it was portrayed.*

And who the f**k has been posting messages that go 10 feet wide?

*OK - I hadn't seen it all. He is a bit of a dick though. It probably explains his arrogant views where he can't accept anyone else's point of view.

Quote: sootyj @ 31st July 2014, 9:31 PM BST

Google hedges and see what turns up.

I'd trust him about as much as I'd trust a recommendation on Gaza night clubs from Netanyahu.

Oh but you trust the utter crap Sky News and Fox News puke up day in day out?!

I can't remember the last time I watched sly and I watch fox when someone Facebook says look at this crazy shit

Mostly its the BBC and al Jazeera

With all.Jazeera everyone's.shooting at their journalist so I assume they're neutral

Fairy muffins mate

Al Jazeera.is also the.most popular new service in gaza

Well I've watched all the coverage and read you lot batting the blame back and forth. In the end however it really comes down to Hamas refusing to accept the reality of the situation.

1. They built the tunnels-fact
2. They've launched missiles at indiscriminate targets-fact
3. Hamas have imported missiles across their borders-fact

Now when you carry out such acts towards a country that has far superior powers than yourself with a reputation of really not giving a shit whether your population live or die and then claim we're just doing it to end the blockade. Really?

Of course the reaction is disproportionate. But it's always been that way. I'm not saying it's right, but it is a fact. Are Palestinians downtrodden and treated unfairly by Israel? Yes. Is launching rocket attacks and digging tunnels to attack a vastly superior force the answer? Of course not.

Reality is often not fair but deal with it in such a way as not to put your own people at risk. They are also doing this at a time when their traditional supporters such as Syria and Egypt are no longer supporting them. So what on Earth do they expect to achieve other than their own complete defeat? Their is no cavalry to come to their rescue.

They rightly claim that Israel has strangle hold over them. It's true, it's unfair but if you can tell me how this has improved their situation I'll give you best.

I wish both sides would just throw their hands up and say enough fighting hand it over to the international community.

Peacekeepers to look for missiles and tunnels, but also to keep Israel out.

And Israel to stop funding and start emptying west.bank settlements

Nb with regards to the tunnels did they really dig 30 20 mile tunnels? That's the size of the London underground Boris Johnson should hire them

Personally,I don't respect anyone who comes down vehemently on one side of the other.
In fact I would go further and suggest such attitudes make those people indirectly responsible for the suffering and killings, by fanning the flames.
They should be ashamed.

As ever, two groups of people who could easily live side-by-side are prevented from doing so by a few war-mongering c***s on both sides.
All we can/should do is provide humanitarian aid - and the maths suggest we give the bulk of that to Palestine.
NOT BECAUSE THEY"RE RIGHT - but because they have more casualties.
If, that is, we can find some way of it not being syphoned off by the aforementioned c***s.

Go and see "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes".
You'll learn more from that as to how a few arse-holes can ruin it for everyone than you ever will from reading the paid for propaganda being spouted all over the internet.

Pirate

I think Bill summed up that post quite nicely Stylee. I think you'll find there is adequate newsreel coverage for Hamas rocket firing and the tunnel network. And unless Gaza has suddenly developed their own munitions factories then they got them from somewhere.

Quote: roscoff @ 1st August 2014, 10:25 AM BST

I think Bill summed up that post quite nicely Stylee. I think you'll find there is adequate newsreel coverage for Hamas rocket firing and the tunnel network. And unless Gaza has suddenly developed their own munitions factories then they got them from somewhere.

Heh, heh.. Quite unintentional ;)

My message was actually deleting an earlier one in which I though some one had just invented that Christopher Hedges message, but I searched and found that he really said it.

However since 'killing babies and displaying them on spikes" has been a favourite bit of rabble rousing propaganda in wartime since at least Roman Empire time, I'm not inclined to believe what Hedges said without a more reliable source.

Hamas could be the worst most vile dispicable bunch of motherf**kers in history

But why should normal decent law abiding civilians have to suffer as a result?

A Palestinian baby will drop out of its mum today

And it will be in a world where everything around it is being blown to smithereens

And Israel knows this and doesn't care

Go after the 'terrorists'

Send waves of troops into Gaza armed to the teeth and hunt them down and kill them

And destroy their weapons and missiles

But they won't cos they'd rather blow the shit out of schools and markets and hospitals cos they'd prefer Palestinians to be blown to bits instead of losing a few soldiers

I don't know how they sleep at night knowing the slaughter they are responsible for

I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror

Actually scrap that , I do

They are soulless, moralless inhuman butchers

They probably get off on it