- Sketch Show
- 1990 - 1991
- Channel 4
- 15 (2 series), plus 1 live tour special
- Vic Reeves, Fred Aylward, Bob Mortimer, Charlie Higson, Emma Cafferty, Paul Whitehouse, Dudley Freeman, Simon Day and Patrick Allen
- Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer
- Peter Orton
- Peter Orton and Alan Marke
Big Night Out sees a night of surreal entertainment host by Britain's top light entertainer and singer, Vic Reeves. Helped out by his future double-act partner Bob Mortimer and his assistant Les (Fred Aylward) - a bald, mute man who loves spirit levels and is scared of chives - Vic presents a range of different characters, songs and segments.
Starring in the show are the paper-helmet clad man who just, "wouldn't let it lie" The Man With The Stick (and his customary cry: "What's on the end of the stick, Vic?"); TV presenters The Stotts; talent show Novelty Island featuring Vic's nemesis Graham Lister; the twisted kangaroo court of Judge Nutmeg in That's Justice (complete with the hairy "Wheel of Justice"); the ramblers of Tinker's Rucksack; and the childlike and ever so slightly demonic Wavey Davey.
- Also known as
- Big Night Out
- Camera set-up
- Music by Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. The musical director in the first series was Mark Narayn and the musical director in the second series was Andy Metcalfe.
- First broadcast
- Friday 25th May 1990 at 10:30pm on Channel 4
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 27th December 1991 at 10:35pm on Channel 4
- Most recent repeats
- Sunday 2nd December 2018 at 3:35am on Gold
- Friday 30th November 2018 at 1:35am on Gold
- Thursday 29th November 2018 at 2:35am on Gold
- Capital Group Studios - Series 2 recorded at Capital Group Studios.
- Newcastle City Hall - "On Tour" special recorded at Newcastle City Hall.