A disparate group are poor individually but pool their money to buy a large house and become forever entangled in each other's business
- 1960 - 1962
- 39 (2 series)
- Norman Hudis
- Hattie Jacques, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Norman Rossington, Bernard Bresslaw, Hylda Baker, Frederick Peisley, Leigh Madison and others
- Norman Hudis, Brad Ashton and Bob Block
- Ernest Maxin
Fate is sealed when nine people - 5 individuals and 2 couples - find themselves in an estate agent's office at the same time, aimlessly searching for a suitable home. Realising that none can afford a property alone, the newly formed band of friends pool their money and purchase a single large house to make their collective own.
The series follows the mad-cap lives of this disparate bunch, who constantly flit in and out of each other's rooms, and where nobody holds a secret for too long.
- Production company
- Black and white
- Theme music composed by Ernest Maxin and performed by Johnny Gregory.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Sunday 11th September 1960 on ITV at 3:25pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 21st April 1962 on ITV at 7:20pm