- Sitcom, Sketch Show
- 2016 - 2017
- BBC One
- 7 (1 pilot + 1 series)
- Tom Binns
- Tom Binns, Amit Shah, Janine Duvitski and Mandeep Dhillon
- Matt Morgan and Paul Doolan
- Paul Murphy
- Emma Lawson, Ash Atalla and Jon Petrie
Hospital People is a mockumentary set in the fictional Brimlington Hospital.
The show follows the lives of a collection of characters connected to the hospital in some way, all played by one man: Tom Binns.
Hospitals are mainly about the medical staff and the patients, but what about the other inhabitants? Porters, hospital radio DJs, chaplains, hospital managers - you could call them 'non-essential' but they would all strongly disagree. Hospital People follows how the big decisions affect the little people.
The key characters are Brimlington hospital's inept DJ Ivan Brackenbury, its ambitious manger, Susan Mitchell, Hospital Porter and spirit medium Ian D Montfort and over-enthusiastic hospital chaplain Father Kenny Mercer.
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Comedy Playhouse: Hospital People
- Hospi+al People
- Laugh track
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Friday 26th February 2016 on BBC One at 10:35pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 16th June 2017 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes