- 1999 - 2001
- BBC One, BBC Two
- 19 (3 series), plus 1 Comic Relief special
- Kathy Burke, James Dreyfus, Rosalind Knight, Beth Goddard and Brian Bovell
- Jonathan Harvey
- Liddy Oldroyd and Tristram Shapeero
- Sue Vertue, Matthew Francis, Jon Plowman, Mark Chapman and Peter Bennett-Jones
Meet north London flatmates Tom and Linda. He's gay and she's straight, but each are as boorish, obnoxious and repulsive as the other.
Tom's a rubbish actor with few credits to his name but an ego to rival any Hollywood starlet. Linda, a receptionist at a media company, would be a slag if she could find a single man remotely interested in going near her.
This eternal odd couple rent a shabby, poorly decorated flat with their pooled meagre earnings whilst getting drunk, living their own individual and intertwined existences, comforting each other throughout their many delusion-induced failures, and chasing some of the capital's unluckiest men.
Meanwhile, the flat downstairs at 69 Paradise Passage is home to the sickeningly sweet in-love mixed race couple Jez and Suze - but they too have a slightly darker side. Upstairs is elderly landlady Beryl, a former prostitute who might've given up the game but has certainly not settled down for an innocent retirement...
- Production company
- The theme tune is a cover of ABBA's Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight), performed by Kathy Burke and James Drefus.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Friday 8th January 1999 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 7th December 2001 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Upcoming repeats