- Ram John Holder, Terry Jervis, Richard Blackwood, Llewella Gideon, Angie Le Mar, Junior Simpson, Gina Yashere, Janet Street-Porter and more
- Paul Garner
- Marina Warsama
- Marina Warsama, Dhanny Joshi, Thomas Stogdon, Maxine Watson, Jill Cumberbatch and Megan Rutty
In celebration of this year's Black History Month, Craig Charles and Danny John-Jules look back on some of the greatest and sometimes forgotten black comedy legends of our time. Through a combination of nostalgic archive footage and star interviews, we'll find out about the greatest black comics, from the first breakout black comic, Yorkshireman Charlie Williams, to today's rising stars, such as Michaela Coel and genre-defining shows from Desmond's to The Real McCoy.
Others whose work features include the legendary Lenny Henry, Don Warrington in Rising Damp and Norman Beaton in Desmond's, alongside those from the new generation of comedy talent like BGT star Kojo and Stateside breakout Gina Yashere.
Craig and Danny, whose work in comedy stretches back more than 30 years to the start of Red Dwarf, also tell their own tales from their careers in showbiz.
This celebration of pioneering stars will draw our focus from their work to the present day to offer an insight into the legacy of decades of comedy talent that has touched the new generation of black comedians who are now shaping the future.
- Also known as
- Black Comedy Legends (Working title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 8pm on ITV1
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- All previous repeats
- Monday 19th October 2020 at 11:40pm on ITV1