- 1960 - 1962
- BBC One
- 32 (3 series), plus 1 short special
- Sid James, Liz Fraser, Bill Kerr, Sydney Tafler, John Bluthal, Johnny Vyvyan, Bob Todd and Laurie Webb
- Alan Simpson, Ray Galton, Sid Green and Dick Hills
- Philip Barker, Duncan Wood, Ronald Marsh and John Street
- Duncan Wood and Ronald Marsh
Sidney Balmoral James is a quick-witted gambler. He's also a seven-year fiancé to the ever-hopeful Liz, and has quite the knack for noticing money-making schemes - and getting sucked in, almost no matter their nature!
During the course of the second and third series, Sid's rebellious streak saw him develop somewhat of a sense of peoples' justice, taking up various causes to champion.
- Camera set-up
- Black and white
- First broadcast
- Thursday 24th November 1960 at 7:30pm on BBC One