- 15th January: Kemps in new Rhys Thomas music spoof for BBC Four
- 2014 - 2017
- BBC Four, BBC Two
- 10 (3 series), plus 1 music video special
- Simon Day, Paul Whitehouse, Nigel Havers, Michael Kitchen, David Cummings, Philip Pope, Al Murray, Vic Reeves and others
- Simon Day and Rhys Thomas
- Rhys Thomas
- Rhys Thomas
The Life Of Rock With Brian Pern is a spoof music documentary fronted by award-winning art rocker Brian Pern (Simon Day), featuring a host of cameos from the world of music and unseen footage.
Brian Pern is an ageing rock star and former front-man of ground breaking progressive rock group Thotch. Like many artists of his age, rather than make new music, he spends more time trying to save the planet (including his campaign to teach gorillas how to Skype).
Now, the BBC have asked him to front a major documentary where he presents his guide to The Life Of Rock from prehistoric man to the present day.
Thotch band members and former Stowe classmates Pat Quid (guitarist) and keyboard player Tony Pebble - pronounced Pebblé - join Brian to reminisce about their heyday and beyond.
With guests from the world of music playing versions of themselves, including Jools Holland, Rick Wakeman, David Arnold and Roger Taylor, Brian takes rock lovers on a re-imagined history of the genre.
Series 2 is titled A Life In Rock. It sees Brian and his bandmates look back on their past together.
Series 3 - 45 Years Of Prog And Roll - sees Brian celebrating 45 years in rock and roll.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Rock Ratatouille (Working title)
- Brian Pern: 45 Years Of Prog And Roll (Series 3.)
- Brian Pern: A Life In Rock (Series 2.)
- The Life Of Rock With Brian Pern (Series 1.)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 10th February 2014 on BBC Four at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 29th March 2017 on BBC Four at 10:40pm
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 9th April 2019 at 1:20am on Gold