- 2013 - 2015
- BBC Three
- 21 (3 series)
- Laura Aikman, Matthew Lewis, Stephen Wight, Tony Gardner, Katie Lyons, Scott Hoatson, Jamie Quinn, Keeno Lee Hector and others
- James Cary and Richard Hurst
- Iain B MacDonald and David Sant
- Michelle Farr-Scott
Bluestone 42 is a single-camera comedy about a British bomb disposal detachment. It's a show about something the public easily forget; soldiers really enjoy being soldiers.
It observes the camaraderie, bonds and banter the soldiers in unit Bluestone 42 share, even though they are risking their lives diffusing hidden bombs.
Bluestone 42 was created by experienced comedy writers James Cary and Richard Hurst. The episodes are carefully researched and informed by close cooperation with serving and former members of the armed forces and military experts, to take the audience through authentic, compelling, surprising and funny stories about how heroes pass their time in between saving lives.
- Production company
- Also known as
- IED (Working title)
- Bluestone Four Two (Spoken title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 5th March 2013 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 13th April 2015 on BBC Three at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Sunday 17th May 2015 at 2:15am