- 2013 - 2015
- BBC Three
- 21 (3 series)
- Laura Aikman, Matthew Lewis, Stephen Wight, Tony Gardner, Katie Lyons, Scott Hoatson, Jamie Quinn, Keeno Lee Hector and more
- James Cary, Richard Hurst, Nick Doody, Mark Evans, Kevin Cecil, Hannah Mackay, Emma Nisbet and Pete Sinclair
- Iain B MacDonald and David Sant
- Michelle Farr-Scott, Stephen McCrum and Sam Bryant
Bluestone 42 is a single-camera comedy about a British bomb disposal detachment. It's a show about something the public easily forget; soldiers really enjoy being soldiers.
It observes the camaraderie, bonds and banter the soldiers in unit Bluestone 42 share, even though they are risking their lives diffusing hidden bombs.
Bluestone 42 was created by experienced comedy writers James Cary and Richard Hurst. The episodes are carefully researched and informed by close cooperation with serving and former members of the armed forces and military experts, to take the audience through authentic, compelling, surprising and funny stories about how heroes pass their time in between saving lives.
- Also known as
- Bluestone Four Two (Spoken title)
- IED (Working title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 5th March 2013 at 10pm on BBC Three
- Most recent repeats
- South Africa