- Panel Show
- 2012 - 2021
- Channel 4
- 135 (20 series), plus 3 Deal Or No Deal and highlights specials
- Jimmy Carr, Robert Deaton, Sean Lock, Jon Richardson, Rachel Riley, Susie Dent and Joe Wilkinson
- Richard Valentine, Simon Staffurth and Barbara Wiltshire
- Damian Eadie, Karen Murdoch, Richard Cohen, Adam Copeland, Arron Ferster, Ben Knappett, Jordan Read, Lisa Kirk, Adam Hutchinson, Rose Hanson and others
In 2012, two of Channel 4's most popular quizzes - the topical hit 8 Out Of 10 Cats and the cerebral words-and-numbers game Countdown - came to metaphorical blows as the anarchic comedians of the former took on the brainbox format of the latter.
The gang returned to play Countdown a second time later in 2012.
In January 2013, as part of the next Channel 4 Mash Up, Jimmy Carr, Jon Richardson and Sean Lock hijacked an episode of Deal or No Deal. A number of comedians joined in, plus Rachel Riley and Susie Dent again. Joe Wilkinson acted as the Banker's assistant.
Since 2013, the show has run regularly with multiple-episode series. By their own admission, the stars never thought the format would last beyond one episode, but it still regularly appears in primetime slots (whilst 8 Out Of 10 Cats itself has moved to E4).
In mid-2018, between the broadcast of Series 14 and 15, Channel 4 restrospectively decided to renumber how they were billing each run of episodes. Accordingly, the fifteenth time they have billed a "series" as starting (July 2018), they are now promoting as Series 16. The discrepancy has arisen from an arbitrary decision to now label the two April 2013 specials as Series 1, with the following, first full series now considered Series 2. This means that no episodes have ever been billed in TV listings as 'Series 15', skipping straight from 14 to 16. British Comedy Guide has chosen to adhere to the consistent original numbering.
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Deal Or No Deal (Other official name)
- Cats Do Countdown (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Friday 26th July 2013 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 18th February 2021 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 8: Tomorrow at 12:15am on More4
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 9: Friday at 12:10am on More4
- Series 20 (Channel 4: Series 21) Episode 5: Friday at 10pm on C4
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 10: Saturday at 1:15am on More4
- Series 20 (Channel 4: Series 21) Episode 5: Saturday at 10pm on 4seven
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 12: Saturday at 11:10pm on More4
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 14: Tuesday at 12:10am on More4
- Series 20 (Channel 4: Series 21) Episode 5: Tuesday at 1:15am on 4seven
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 15: Tuesday at 11:05pm on More4
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 16: Thursday 20th May at 12:15am on More4
- Series 6 (Channel 4: Series 7) Episode 17: Thursday 20th May at 11:05pm on More4
- Series 20 (Channel 4: Series 21) Episode 6: Friday 21st May at 10pm on C4
- Series 7 (Channel 4: Series 8) Episode 1: Saturday 22nd May at 1:15am on More4