- Panel Show
- 2012 - 2019
- Channel 4
- 111 (16 series), plus 1 Deal Or No Deal special
- Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock, Jon Richardson, Joe Wilkinson, Rachel Riley and Susie Dent
- Richard Valentine, Simon Staffurth and Barbara Wiltshire
- Damian Eadie, Karen Murdoch, Richard Cohen, Adam Copeland, Arron Ferster, Ben Knappett, Jordan Read, Lisa Kirk, Adam Hutchinson, Rose Hanson and others
In 2012, two of Channel 4's most popular quizzes - the topical hit 8 Out Of 10 Cats and the cerebral words-and-numbers game Countdown - came to metaphorical blows as the anarchic comedians of the former took on the brainbox format of the latter.
The gang returned to play Countdown a second time later in 2012.
In January 2013, as part of the next Channel 4 Mash Up, Jimmy Carr, Jon Richardson and Sean Lock hijacked an episode of Deal or No Deal. A number of comedians joined in, plus Rachel Riley and Susie Dent again. Joe Wilkinson acted as the Banker's assistant.
Since 2013, the show has run regularly with multiple-episode series. By their own admission, the stars never thought the format would last beyond one episode, but it still regularly appears in primetime slots (whilst 8 Out Of 10 Cats itself has moved to E4).
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Deal Or No Deal (Other official name)
- Cats Do Countdown (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Friday 26th July 2013 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 15th February 2019 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 6 Episode 11: Tuesday at 1:10am on More4
- Series 6 Episode 12: Wednesday at 11pm on More4
- Series 6 Episode 13: Friday at 12:15am on More4
- Series 6 Episode 14: Tuesday 28th May at 1:15am on More4
- Series 6 Episode 5: Wednesday 29th May at 11pm on More4
- Series 6 Episode 16: Friday 31st May at 12:10am on More4