When The Dog Dies
Radio sitcom starring Ronnie Corbett as a grandad happily growing old with his dog Henry
- 2010 - 2014
- BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 4 Extra
- 24 (4 series)
- Ronnie Corbett, Liza Tarbuck, Sally Grace, Tilly Vosburgh, Jonathan Aris, Daniel Bridle, Philip Bird, Dave Lamb and Grace Vance
- Ian Davidson and Peter Vincent
- Liz Anstee
Corbett plays Sandy Hopper, who is growing old happily along with his dog, Henry. His grown-up children, who are both married to people Sandy doesn't approve, would like him to move out of the family home so they can get their hands on their money earlier. But Sandy is not having this - he's not moving until the dog dies.
Sandy also has a lodger, and his daughter is convinced that the too-attractive Dolores is after her father and his money.
Luckily, Sandy has three grandchildren; sometimes a friendly word or a kindly hand on the shoulder can really help a grandad in the 21st century. Man and dog together face a complicated world. There's every chance they'll make it more so.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 30th April 2010 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 18th June 2014 on BBC Radio 4 at 11:30am
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Friday 4th May 2018 at 11:30am