- Sketch Show
- 2003 - 2013
- BBC Radio 4
- 29 (5 series)
- David Mitchell, Robert Webb, Olivia Colman, James Bachman and Sarah Hadland
- David Mitchell, Robert Webb, James Bachman, Mark Evans, Jesse Armstrong, Sam Bain, Chris Reddy, John Finnemore and others
- Gareth Edwards
That Mitchell & Webb Sound is the birthplace of Numberwang, the Party Planners, the Lazy Film Writers, Big Talk, Ted and Peter the snooker commentators, and The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken-Ceaser (originally called Sir Digby Ceaser-Salad).
It is also home to several sketches yet to transfer to television, such as arts programme Imagine That; the lonely late-night DJ, Adrian Locket; The Old Lady Hearings, in which everyone has to explain what they do to a panel of old ladies who then decide if it's a proper job or not; Brown's Orthopedic Supplies, a very ordinary office that just happens to have among its office equipment a portal to another universe - if only the staff would use it responsibly and not just nip through it for a crafty fag; and a show on under-5s' TV channel CBeebies hosted by Christopher Hitchins.
- Production company
- The theme tune is "Stranger On The Shore" by Acker Bilk. The CD releases use a different version.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 28th August 2003 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 17th December 2013 on BBC Radio 4 Extra at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 29th November 2018 at 11:00pm on Radio 4 Extra