Look Away Now
Topical Radio 4 sports-based sketch show which presents hot-off-the-press sketches, spoof interviews and non-expert analysis
- Sketch Show
- 2007 - 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 19 (4 series)
- Garry Richardson, Laurence Howarth, Richie Webb, Dave Lamb, Miles Jupp, Mark Evans, Katherine Jakeways, Alistair McGowan and others
- Laurence Howarth, Richie Webb, Dave Lamb, Miles Jupp, Mark Evans and Katherine Jakeways
- Ben Walker and Katie Tyrrell
Look Away Now is a Radio 4 comedy series which pokes fun at the world of sport.
Featuring hot-off-the-press bulletins, sports sketches, spoof interviews, non-expert analysis and music, Look Away Now covers the past five days of sport as well as the sporting weekend ahead. It proudly looks backwards and forwards at the same time - a bit like Linda Blair in The Exorcist, except with less vomit and more badminton.
Many correspondents are also in action, with vital news from events such as the Henley Royal Regatta and the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
Features in past series have included an interview with Jenson Button's Formula 1 car (called Trevor); a chat with the England Cricket team's morale-sapping Australian sports psychologist ahead of the first Ashes Test; plus an investigation into how Great Britain are planning to build a cyborg tennis player.
The show is anchored by 'Mr Sport' Garry Richardson, who presents the show in the same authoritative manner as he does Sportsweek or his sports bulletins on Today, providing the pivot around which the comedy action takes place.
- Production company
- The theme music is Theme from Sparta F.C. by The Fall.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 12th April 2007 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 24th June 2010 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 16th July 2009 at 11:00pm