A Woman Of No Importance
A production of Oscar Wilde's social comedy play starring Diana Rigg and Martin Jarvis
- Comedy Drama
- BBC Radio 4
- Diana Rigg, Martin Jarvis, Annette Crosbie, Irene Sutcliffe, Susan Sheridan, Auriol Smith, Dominic Letts, Teresa Gallagher and others
- Oscar Wilde and Adrian Bean
- Adrian Bean
With a country house party in full swing, Mrs Arbuthnot's long-concealed secret comes back to haunt her.
This follows the announcement that Gerald Arbuthnot has been appointed secretary to the sophisticated and witty Lord Illingworth.
Gerald's mother stands in the way of his appointment, but fears to tell him why, for who will believe Lord Illingworth to be a man of no importance?
- Production company
- Also known as
- Christmas At The Wells: A Woman Of No Importance (Other official name)
- Violin played by Alexander Balanescu.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 23rd December 1991 on BBC Radio 4 at 2pm
- Episode length
- 90 minutes
- Last repeat
- Sunday 15th August 2021 at 4:00am on Radio 4 Extra