Joz Norris has retired or possibly died, who cares? All that matters is Mr Fruit Salad, a fictional chimaera he created as a form of self-care, has developed autonomy and is putting on a solo show. Absurdist meditation on anxiety and grief performed by an idiot from Pontefract who doesn't exist. Sell-out show at VAULT Festival and Leicester Comedy Festival 2019. As seen/heard on BBC3, Channel 4, ITV2, Dave and BBC Radio 4. 'An absolute idiot... Simple, silly and screamingly funny' (Fest). 'A comedy legend' (ToDoList.org.uk).
It feels strange to recommend a show in which the main star is absent, but Joz Norris's replacement Mr Fruit Salad does a remarkable job. He is new to the circuit, but he certainly has ambition... you just have to make sure that he has got the right show theme.
Share this show
- Fringe Biscuit
- Young Perspective
- Short Com
- The Wee Review
- Rule of Three
- Broadway Baby
- Evening Standard
- Fest Mag
- The Guardian
- British Comedy Guide: Best-reviewed Edinburgh Fringe shows 2019
- British Comedy Guide: Si Hawkins' Fringe Aftermath
- Chortle: What is your favourite flat thing?
- British Comedy Guide: Malcolm Hardee Awards 2019 nominations
- i Newspaper: 50 best jokes from Edinburgh Fringe 2019's shows
- British Comedy Guide: Comedians' Choice Awards 2019 winners
- The Guardian: Edinburgh festival 2019: the 10 best jokes
- The Fountain: Joz Norris interview
- Chortle: Fame or talent?
- British Comedy Guide: Nightmare audience members
- Female First: My favourite comedian by Joz Norris
- Chortle: What have you recently done for the first time?
- Chortle: Joz Norris recalls his most memorable gigs
- Chortle: What is the worst date you have ever been on?
- Deadline News: Q&A: Joz Norris as Mr Fruit Salad
- The Reviews Hub: 50 word Fringe pitch: Joz Norris
- Fest Mag: Edinburgh Festivals: light in dark times
- Moody Comedy: Joz Norris: the Edinburgh interviews 2019
- Voice Magazine: Interview with Joz Norris
- Theatre Weekly: Edinburgh interview: Joz Norris
- Edinburgh49: +3 interview: Joz Norris Is Dead
- British Comedy Guide: Random 8: Joz Norris
- Theatre Weekly: Edinburgh preview: Joz Norris is Dead.
This show's artwork was involved in The Comedy Poster Awards 2019Tweets by JozNorris
Review this show
Have something to say about this show? You will be able to give this show a star rating (and write a short review if you want) from the 1 August.