Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 11

Quote: Griff @ October 29 2008, 3:07 PM BST

It was you who just posted

Now personally, I think it's ridiculous but it's what I have come to expect from the people in this country these days so I'm certainly not surprised.

right?

I like it when you get all lawyerly on somebody's ass. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 3:05 PM BST

Didn't Andrew Sachs play David Walliams disapproving dad in something?

'Attachments'. It was a racy drama about a small dot.com company. It contained such scenes as the work experience girl getting shagged in the office out of hours.

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 3:05 PM BST

Didn't Andrew Sachs play David Walliams disapproving dad in something?

Yus, in the very good BBC2 drama 'Attachements'.

addendum: Beaten to it by Dolly Dagger!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 29 2008, 3:13 PM BST

Beaten by Dolly Dagger!

What are her rates? ;)

Btw, what if a journalist had discovered the photos the granddaughter had posted of herself on the internet - the pictures with her saggy boobs out promoting herself as a sex object - and confronted Mr Sachs with them to get a comment before running a story. The journalist may also know that the woman had had a sexual encounter with Russell Brand and would mention this to Mr Sachs too.

Now that wouldn't be very pleasant for Mr Sachs either, but would anyone be calling for the journalist's resignation and would the matter be raised in parliment?

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 3:15 PM BST

What are her rates? ;)

Too much for you.

(£5.50)

It's been confirmed that Ponderland will still be shown on Channel 4. No surprise to see that Channel 4 will be trying to cash in on the publicity.

Story on Broadcast

I don't think either Ross or Brand should be sacked. If I were their employer I would simply get them to make an appropriately genuine public apology (they may have done this already, I haven't taken much interest) and I as their employer would make a similar apology too.

Also, I would (internally and privately) reprimand and possibly fire whoever let the material be broadcast. I would also try to ensure that something like this wasn't broadcast again. I would certainly be careful about their future output (Ross and Brand) on my channel, while being mindful that they are popular.

As for the rest of this 'ballyhoo', it appears to be just a lot of noise coming from empty vessels, points scoring and axes being ground left right and centre. Situation normal, I suppose.

Yawnerooni, after the initial news.

Poor ole Andrew Sachs. His granddaughter looks like a bit of a tart. But hey, as long as she's not being forced to dress like that, fair enough, her life.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 29 2008, 2:35 PM BST

There is one in The Times.

No, sorry, I was referring to what MacKenzie said.

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 3:24 PM BST

No, sorry, I was referring to what MacKenzie said.

Where you? Sorry, I misunderstood.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 29 2008, 3:19 PM BST

It's been confirmed that Ponderland will still be shown on Channel 4. No surprise to see that Channel 4 will be trying to cash in on the publicity.

Story on Broadcast

Well really, why wouldn't 4 show it? He hasn't killed anyone!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 3:35 PM BST

Well really, why wouldn't 4 show it? He hasn't killed anyone!

I'm not doing well in this conversation here, am I? Sod it, I'm leaving the debate. I'm just making it worse for me.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 29 2008, 3:16 PM BST

Btw, what if a journalist had discovered the photos the granddaughter had posted of herself on the internet - the pictures with her saggy boobs out promoting herself as a sex object - and confronted Mr Sachs with them to get a comment before running a story. The journalist may also know that the woman had had a sexual encounter with Russell Brand and would mention this to Mr Sachs too.

Now that wouldn't be very pleasant for Mr Sachs either, but would anyone be calling for the journalist's resignation and would the matter be raised in parliment?

Fabulous point.

This whole thing is pathetic. I'm sure they wont, but I hope Ross and Brand both leave the BBC and go elsewhere of their own volition. Serve the BBC right for caving in to pressure.

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 1:02 PM BST

She's always angry nowadays. Time of the month? Particularly heavy flow? Sick

Laughing out loud

Aww, do pewiods still scare the poor little boy?
Maybe when you've actually been near some lady parts they'll stop being so upsetting.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 3:49 PM BST

Maybe when you've actually been near some lady parts they'll stop being so upsetting.

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 3:49 PM BST

All right, you've talked me into it. I'll go near your lady parts if it'll make you happy. But just the once.

:P

(And I'm impressed you read through all the crap we write just for mentions of you!)

Quote: Griff @ October 29 2008, 3:09 PM BST

Oi! Don't you start.

Don't leave out the smiley, otherwise I look like I'm trying to annoy you instead of being cheeky. :P