Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 12

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 3:49 PM BST

Fabulous point.

Rubbish.

If a national newspaper printed an account of a journalist doorstepping Andrew Sachs and saying 'I f**ked your slut of a granddaughter' there would be a clamour for the Editor to be sacked and very likely Parliamentary debate about Press invasion of privacy.

(Are the women on here a little frightened by self-proclaimed sluts?)

I am actually. :)

But that's not why I'm pissed off. Sachs isn't even the one that wants them sacked, she is. Egotistical?
She refered to them as humiliating a poor old man. but what do all the pictures of her with her tits hanging out do to him? She just seems to be full of crap.

Yes, they did something stupid, yes they should apologise, but they have now. Everyone needs to move on.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 4:19 PM BST

but what do all the pictures of her with her tits hanging out do to him?

Have you got a link for that? :$

Ha, no sorry. :)
Just basically imagine your avatar but instead of a top, with a tiny square of black parcel tape over each nipple. (that was the one I saw earlier anyway.)

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 4:19 PM BST

Everyone needs to move on.

Exactly.

But these people won't move on because now the people who really have hated Ross and Brand all these years can now have something to really get these guys fired for.

It's not about Sachs anymore imo, it's now comes down to a national witch hunt, something this country seems to be good at.

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 4:20 PM BST

Have you got a link for that? :$

Here. Apparently. (NSFW)

I found that link on another forum. >_<

That's more like. Tits, tits, tits. And a bit of blood. Good night out, that,

If Brand was gay and he'd called about Sach's grandson, I doubt there's be so much fuss either.

It's because everyone's got their pants in a twist thinking they must defend the poor innocent girl.
I don't think this one needs our help.
Just an apology, which she's already had.

Next week Ross will be interviewing the tart and Brand will be on the show too. It's all showbiz! :)

Then she can get photo'd with Jordan and Paris Hilton.. and have a baps out party, not that Paris has any, but hey..

Quote: JohnnyD @ October 29 2008, 4:15 PM BST

Rubbish.

If a national newspaper printed an account of a journalist doorstepping Andrew Sachs and saying 'I f**ked your slut of a granddaughter' there would be a clamour for the Editor to be sacked and very likely Parliamentary debate about Press invasion of privacy.

I didn't say the journalist would say "I shagged your daughter". Why would a journalist do that? I was referring to the practice that happens often of a journalist bringing to the attention of a relative the activities of a family member - be it an affair, drug taking, sleeping with celebrities or posting photographs of yourself for attention.

I am not frightened of "self-proclaimed" sluts, just a bit disappointed that a woman would want to label herself and promote herself as such. In fact the young woman in question comes across as quite immature and desperate for attention. If she's proud of herself and her lifestyle then great. If she thinks Grandad may be offended by details of her sexual activity then maybe she should have thought a little bit more carefully about how she wishes to be portrayed.

Quote: JohnnyD @ October 29 2008, 4:15 PM BST

Well I don't know about the women, but I certainly am.

Serves Radio 2 right, trying to be all cool and modern. Never had this problem with David Jacobs or the man on the Organ show.

I can't imagine anything that could do their careers more good. Plus Wossy's just got a book out called "Why Do I Say These Things?" This story will double his sales.

I thought it was a bit mean-spirited of them to leave a nasty message on an old bloke's answerphone but the person (if any) that should be sacked is the producer who allowed the show to be broadcast. I used to have my own comedy radio show and if we broadcast all the stuff we'd prerecorded we wouldn't have just been sacked, we'd've been imprisoned or deported! Errr

Having now listened to the show where it happened, I think Ross's job will be okay, but Brand is pretty much F**ked.

Quote: Jack Massey @ October 29 2008, 4:37 PM BST

but Brand is pretty much F**ked.

Oh well, he'll have to make do with a film career, stand up career and shows on all the other channels. If that's where being 'f**ked' gets you then it's a pretty good position!