Extras Special 2 - wishlist

With the news that there is going to be another Extras episode at some point, who would you like to see in it?

My list:

James Gandolfini
Larry David
Al Pacino
John Cleese
Chris Langham
Roger Moore or Sean Connery

Ricky Gervais retiring a show gracefully.

Seems that there's already little chance of that, though...

That's a surprise, I thought they had already finished it. Maybe a politician or two?

Quote: Aaron @ October 24 2008, 12:30 PM BST

Ricky Gervais retiring a show gracefully.

Seems that there's already little chance of that, though...

You don't think he did that with The Office?

He hasn't even seen The Office.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ October 24 2008, 12:20 PM BST

James Gandolfini

oh yes!
Wave

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ October 24 2008, 3:09 PM BST

You don't think he did that with The Office?

I choose not to comment on The Office. But it seems he can't leave Extras be.

Quote: Aaron @ October 24 2008, 3:52 PM BST

I choose not to comment on The Office. But it seems he can't leave Extras be.

Two series and a special isn't a huge amount, especially when you think of other shows that have done series after series, just for the money. I think Extras could easily handle another special.

I'm pleased Extras is coming back - more Barry Off Eastenders!

Doing 'just one more episode' is a slippery slope towards multi-series mediocrity though. Shame Gervais is not sticking to his principles of ensuring a series goes out on a high (a policy the Gavin and Stacey creators should adhere to as well!).

Quote: Mark @ October 24 2008, 7:33 PM BST

What they should do is write a sitcom based around Barry, the agent and that other bloke off Eastenders set in their Carphone Warehouse shop.
It'll be interesting to see what they do, but it did seem to me that the last special wrapped the whole thing up. Surely it was saying that he was giving up on the vacous desire for fame and popularity? Wasn't it? But now he'd be trying to be a success in America? There-by negating the whole of the previous specials point??

Anyway, wait and see I suppose.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 24 2008, 7:38 PM BST

What they should do is write a sitcom based around Barry, the agent and that other bloke off Eastenders set in their Carphone Warehouse shop.

That would be seven shades of amazing. :)

He (Andy) could have moved on to Directing (or films in general), or maybe had become a has-been.

Quote: Mark @ October 24 2008, 7:33 PM BST

Doing 'just one more episode' is a slippery slope towards multi-series mediocrity though. Shame Gervais is not sticking to his principles of ensuring a series goes out on a high (a policy the Gavin and Stacey creators should adhere to as well!).

The Gavin and Stacey creators made the fatal mistake of ensuring an episode never went out on a high, never mind a series.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ October 24 2008, 7:44 PM BST

The Gavin and Stacey creators made the fatal mistake of ensuring an episode never went out on a high, never mind a series

*Yawns*

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 24 2008, 7:42 PM BST

He (Andy) could have moved on to Directing (or films in general), or maybe had become a has-been.

I was about to check if you meant Millman or Gervais. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 24 2008, 7:44 PM BST

*Yawns*

I know, Gavin and Stacey made me do that too.