Status report Page 5,985

No wonder this place is going to pot...

Left my shoes at work over the weekend and went to pick them up today but sheked them first incase a spider had got inside even though that has never happened to me and got a fright when there was which wasn't massive but big enough to make me jump. It couldn't climb out so was probably trapped in there all weekend but I released it to it's long awaited freedom.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th September 2017, 12:27 AM

Left my shoes at work over the weekend and went to pick them up today but sheked them first incase a spider had got inside even though that has never happened to me and got a fright when there was which wasn't massive but big enough to make me jump. It couldn't climb out so was probably trapped in there all weekend but I released it to it's long awaited freedom.

Phew! Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th September 2017, 7:14 AM

Phew! Unimpressed

In hindsight it was one of the most mundane status reports ever.

I survived my first day at my new business-y sales-y job. Got sent home early because my entire state is on fire and the air is choke-able. I'm not convinced the company is not a lowkey cult, but I did have a decent first day and am willing to give it a decent go. It's like 9.5 hours a day 6 days a week, but I'm young.....ish. We'll see how I feel in a week's time.

If I sound like I've been inducted into a cult in a week's time....please do stop me, by any means necessary. I don't want to be in a cult!

You are already in one here.
Subliminal messages are everywhere.

Quote: Davida @ 6th September 2017, 12:35 AM

If I sound like I've been inducted into a cult in a week's time....please do stop me, by any means necessary. I don't want to be in a cult!

Well, you are in a land renowned for them - the U.S. is full of cults.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th September 2017, 7:15 AM

Well, you are in a land renowned for them - the U.S. is full of cults.

In fact your President is the biggest one of the lot!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th September 2017, 9:54 PM

Laughing out loud:D

Going on a week long business trip to a desert city in eastern Oregon today. Gonna be out in the field 10 hours a day but I should earn a good chunk of change. There's also a rumour I'm getting promoted in the next few days. Yay!

It's a weird job. I'm wandering around neighborhoods all day helping people switch to fiber optic internet and/or satellite tv. The internet basically sells itself so its not really a difficult job. My confidence has certainly skyrocketted in the past 3 weeks. I've always been awful at thinking on my feet and making small talk and have horrible performamce anxiety and social anxiety but this has been like exposure therapy boot camp. It doesn't even faze me when people tell me to eff off and slam the door in my face.

Bottom line: I think maybe i need to start writing jokes again because I totally feel like if I keep this up I'll have the fortitude I'd need to get up on stage for an open spot. I tried years ago and didn't have the courage to put my name on the list.

I got promoted at my new job, which is nice, but unfortunately that doesn't really involve a pay rise.

I might quit soon. It's a great job for personal growth and exposure therapy bootcamp for a socially anxious person. But I'm doing 60+ hours a week for what amounts to about 5$ an hour. Can't really pay my student loans with that kind of money. I'll give it another week and go from there. I'm still on a business trip and just physically and emotionally dead at the moment. My body is mad at me for eating exclusively granola bars and little packets of fruit snacks. I can't afford real food. I can't afford anything really. Haven't had a day off in 2 weeks and I just want to sleep while watching comedy in my bed...somehow. 2 more days and I get to go home and have one precious day off.

Putty medals. That's what promotion without a pay rise is called here.
Better title, more responsibilities and not a penny more.

It's worth exactly what extra they pay you.

I agree with Stephen, sounds like too much hassle to be worth it.

Daughter started Uni last weekend, I'm feeling a bit fragile and lost bur obviously delighted for her that shes made this next step on the road. Been hitting the chocolate!

Awww. I don't even have kids, but empty nest syndrome makes me sad.
It's clearly time to have another one!

I still got one left in the nest but definitely harder that I expected. Maybe time to write an empty nesters sitcom as a form of therapy!