Status report Page 5,879

I truly despair of our country at the moment. Think I'll go and live in southern Ireland where there may be peace.

Don't try to get an abortion! Or have any autonomy over your own body!

There must be somewhere perfect. Iceland? Canada?

Down the rabbit hole, maybe. Oh no - the Queen always wants to chop heads off.

Quote: keewik @ 1st December 2015, 11:59 PM GMT

I truly despair of our country at the moment.

Do you mean Scotland? I don't blame you.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th November 2015, 1:44 AM GMT

I am so looking forward to the days getting lighter, and things getting warmer
I've moved into a new house and haven't had proper Sunshine time in the garden

I know I'm in the minority but I do love this time of year. Not just the build up to Christmas but I like the dark evenings and all the lights.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd December 2015, 5:17 PM GMT

Not just the build up to Christmas but I like the dark evenings and all the lights.

Ahhhh, and do you put a stocking up and send a message to Santa up the chimney?

I know I'm in the minority but I do love this time of year. Not just the build up to Christmas but I like the dark evenings and all the lights.

Me too. It's all very cosy.

Do you mean Scotland? I don't blame you.

Obviously I mean Britain - which is why I was a Yes voter. Tonight's vote almost makes me feel sick.

Now having a fight on Facebook with some warmonugering Tories. Petty though it may be, I've just corrected the grammar of one of them. Laughing out loud

I'm now fighting them.on 2 fronts. Not good for my blood pressure, probably.

I think I've won, they've stopped posting.

Question: If your divorce came through in September and had paid the final settlement would you consider being your ex's guarantor for a new property?

She's been given notice to leave her current place and has to get out but because the landlord is a bit shouty my girls are staying with me at the moment. No-one in her family is prepared to be guarantor, even for the 6 months of the let. Of course, my partner would be thrilled with the very notion of me bailing out my ex (not).

Trouble is is that without a guarantor it's stalemate. She can't move without one and my life remains on hold while this sorry tale rumbles on. Why should this be my problem? Where's the family support when needed most?

Am I wrong for not being prepared to help?

Quote: Tuumble @ 3rd December 2015, 4:39 PM GMT

A divorce is a complete severing of ties. She's on her own.

Question: If your divorce came through in September and had paid the final settlement would you consider being your ex's guarantor for a new property?

She's been given notice to leave her current place and has to get out but because the landlord is a bit shouty my girls are staying with me at the moment. No-one in her family is prepared to be guarantor, even for the 6 months of the let. Of course, my partner would be thrilled with the very notion of me bailing out my ex (not).

Trouble is is that without a guarantor it's stalemate. She can't move without one and my life remains on hold while this sorry tale rumbles on. Why should this be my problem? Where's the family support when needed most?

I wouldn't guarantor is a pretty hefty legal responsibility, it's also a bit odd. I've never been asked to provide one the whole of the time I've rented.

Frankly if you're taking your daughters in, you're already doing a lot.

And from your previous posts this isn't the most functional relationship visa vi money.

And hello nice to see you back again.

Also, it strikes me as a bit odd that her family won't help. Might that not mean they don't think she's reliable and they could end up in the shit along with her?

Trouble is is that without a guarantor it's stalemate.

I would agree with Sootyj it's odd they ask for a guarantor, a reference maybe, but surely she can find property that doesn't need a guarantor.

Having a small Clique meeting
Members 27, 29, 16 & 37

My 85 year old mother gets a lot of enjoyment out of making miserable bastards happy. She goes to the oap club and jollies them up so they dance out of their bath chairs before very swiftly accelerating into Irish jig.

From peoples' experience, is this something only women can do?