Status report Page 5,820

Quote: Loopey @ 19th June 2015, 6:41 PM BST

I love Skype. It's responsible for my OH learning to use a computer.
When I was in hospital a long way from home he talked to me most nights and I typed and signed back to him. It helped me get through.
Last night we watched our grandson's bath time - amazing! :D

But your grandson is 23. Isn't that a bit pervy?

Isn't Ben due a haircut ?

Just saw Too Rex. T Rex tribute band. Singer looked just like Bolan and the sound was near perfect. Considering I was never a T Rex fan it was great fun.

Just saw Chapears looked just like Chappers and the posting was near perfect. Considering I was never a Chappers............... :P

I heard they were trying to create a T Rex tribute band by extracting the DNA of...and you know the rest.

Enjoying a glass of wine waiting for my curry to cook. Will be after 10pm before its ready but at least my flat smells good. Episode of the IT Crowd on telly later from series I lost my DVD of.
Pretty good going for a lonesome Saturday night.

Ben is off to see the popular beat combo Blur.

Finished my mental health course this week. Have enjoyed it, learnt a lot and understand the theory (at least I think so). In reality though, I don't think I could ever work in that field. I would spend most of the time worrying that I was going to make a situation worse for a person rather than helping them.

Quote: Ben @ 20th June 2015, 1:38 PM BST

Ben is off to see the popular beat combo Blur.

Have you been to any other Hyde Park gigs? Curious to hear about your general experience today as well as reports back on The Horrors, Metronomy, and the beat combo.

I was just checking out various suicide related websites for a sitcom I'm writing ("Laugh, I could have died") and on the NHS Choices website under 'Suicide - Warning Signs' one of the signs noted is as follows:

•putting their affairs in order, such as sorting out possessions, tidying up or making a will

So, Mom was suicidal all along and I just thought I was untidy.. what you can learn on the web..

Quote: Chappers @ 19th June 2015, 8:41 PM BST

But your grandson is 23. Isn't that a bit pervy?

He doesn't mind.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 19th June 2015, 10:40 PM BST

Isn't Ben due a haircut ?

Laughing out loud

Quote: reds @ 20th June 2015, 2:00 PM BST

Finished my mental health course this week. Have enjoyed it, learnt a lot and understand the theory (at least I think so). In reality though, I don't think I could ever work in that field. I would spend most of the time worrying that I was going to make a situation worse for a person rather than helping them.

Congrats on finishing your course. It certainly is a challenging field and if you have any doubts then hopefully there is lots of support and further advice if you are considering furthering your involvement.
There are so many different needs and opportunities I'd at least look into your options, you may find something that you enjoy!

There is no worse feeling than having eaten too much pasta. :(

*explodes*

Quote: zooo @ 20th June 2015, 7:38 PM BST

There is no worse feeling than having eaten too much pasta. :(

Well Apart from having no food at all
How quickly we forget Comic Relief and whatever they were going on about.
Tsk Tsk

How dare you try to pull focus off me and my important problems.
I am disgusted.

Laughing out loud