Status report Page 5,781

Quote: Chappers @ 13th April 2015, 10:32 PM BST

Laughing out loud

From my experience one wife is more than enough!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee Henman @ 12th April 2015, 11:19 PM BST

Catching up on BCG.

Nerd!

Did it get you going?

Went to the pool for the first time in 15 years. I did 35m front crawl and 115m back crawl. How much are you supposed to swim in a fairly normal visit? People who understand these things please advise.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th April 2015, 4:22 PM BST

Went to the pool for the first time in 15 years. I did 35m front crawl and 115m back crawl. How much are you supposed to swim in a fairly normal visit? People who understand these things please advise.

This is uncanny.
He swims!
So do I.
Well, not currently. Not until this horrendous, never ending flu is over.
(That said, back stroke is near suicidal at the place I go.)

P.S. how's that manifesto coming along?

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 14th April 2015, 5:01 PM BST

This is uncanny.
He swims!
So do I.
Well, not currently. Not until this horrendous, never ending flu is over.
(That said, back stroke is near suicidal at the place I go.)

P.S. how's that manifesto coming along?

Sorry to hear about your flu. I am a rubbish swimmer. But I figure that if my arms are going to go all windmill when in public, it is better being there doing something recognisable than going strangely freestyle on a bus. Yes, I did once do a manifesto but it is all an illusion isn't it. The idea that anyone has any meaningful say. What I really wanted to do was change democracy by adapting the fantasy football software as we know it can cope with millions of inputs. But no one took to the idea of policy for the people by the people and all kinds of barriers were stuck in the way. It isn't what is wanted.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th April 2015, 5:26 PM BST

Sorry to hear about your flu. I am a rubbish swimmer. But I figure that if my arms are going to go all windmill when in public, it is better being there doing something recognisable than going strangely freestyle on a bus. Yes, I did once do a manifesto but it is all an illusion isn't it. The idea that anyone has any meaningful say. What I really wanted to do was change democracy by adapting the fantasy football software as we know it can cope with millions of inputs. But no one took to the idea of policy for the people by the people and all kinds of barriers were stuck in the way. It isn't what is wanted.

Well, I never liked swimming.
But with a bad back, it is a good sport to partake in.
And I have realised a difference in my back since I started swimming.

I can see the flaw of fantasy football democracy.
You'd end up with Frank Skinner as PM.

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 14th April 2015, 6:25 PM BST

Well, I never liked swimming.
But with a bad back, it is a good sport to partake in.
And I have realised a difference in my back since I started swimming.

I can see the flaw of fantasy football democracy.
You'd end up with Frank Skinner as PM.

Sport? ;)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th April 2015, 6:26 PM BST

Sport? ;)

Laughing out loud

Touche!

That said, swimming is a sport.
Compare Michael Phelps with Colin Montgomerie.
Which is the 'athlete'?

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 14th April 2015, 6:25 PM BST

I have realised a difference in my back since I started swimming.

Is it now your front?

Quote: Chappers @ 14th April 2015, 8:38 PM BST

Is it now your front?

That is an interesting question. Ever since I have had back treatment I have felt that the distance between my back and front has become considerably narrower. Sometimes it feels like only a piece of paper. On those days the external environment is "so" three-dimensional I am quite unable to write.

In today's news, took the bus to the supermarket. Put food in my basket. Realised I had taken the old bank card. Supermarket put food in the refrigerator. I got a bus home. Picked up new card. Took the bus back to the supermarket. Paid. Got the bus back home again, only this time with purchases.

I'm awful at swimming. I can't even do backstroke without drowning.

However, I've been going for a few weeks now. Just need to start swimming with my head under water to be more streamlined.

I do, though, constantly feel like I'm going to drown if I get water up my nose, so this may take some practice.

Quote: Ben @ 15th April 2015, 8:27 PM BST

I'm awful at swimming. I can't even do backstroke without drowning.

However, I've been going for a few weeks now. Just need to start swimming with my head under water to be more streamlined.

I do, though, constantly feel like I'm going to drown if I get water up my nose, so this may take some practice.

How many lengths do you do Ben? Genuinely. I should be thinking I'm enjoying it or it is doing me good but my mind is on how long I have been there, how much have I done and is it sufficient not to make me look like a total lightweight. I do fully recognise I am invisible and nobody gives a flying toss once they have got the money. But it is essentially a matter of self-justification, ie did I do it right?

Oh. He's gone.

Anyhow, three very large ladies got on the bus. Over 13 stone. They were all about 28 and had ten children between them. And there's a young bloke there in a vest with a few half muscles. He turns to one of the ladies and says in a cockney accent "how long does it take for this bus to get to town?". We were, of course, on a circuitous route through the council estate which is where the ladies got on.

And the lady says "aw, you are good enough to eat, you could even have my babies". Then she turns to one of the other - actually they were extremely large - ladies who was sitting behind me and says loudly "and what do you think, Trace (or whatever her name was), so don't you think he is good enough to eat?" The bloke turns red at this point. Most of the small children are talking to each other about their picture books although one or two keep ringing the bell of the bus. And then Trace (or whatever her name was) says "he's like one I found on a sex line but, nah, I'm too old for that now".

It was pure Kyle. They were nice enough people but it was 5 ish in the afternoon. This is one of the most Tory constituencies in the land. The longer I roam locally, the more I realise that TV is lacking.

Oh I just do a number of lengths in the short end of the pool. I'll probably do a dozen 10m lengths. Some single, some double attempts.

My girlfriend says I'll be able to do more if I swim with my head underwater, but I need to get used to this first.

I quite enjoy the whole affair though. It's more fun than running which bores the life out of me even though I'm somewhat of a natural runner.

Quote: Ben @ 15th April 2015, 9:40 PM BST

Oh I just do a number of lengths in the short end of the pool. I'll probably do a dozen 10m lengths. Some single, some double attempts.

My girlfriend says I'll be able to do more if I swim with my head underwater, but I need to get used to this first.

Think the one I was at yesterday is a 25 m.

I did six. Two were broken. Similar I reckon. :)