Status report Page 5,721

Quote: Lee @ 19th November 2014, 12:01 PM GMT

He has a basement (granary) full of grannies.

Didn't you say you used to sell electronics on ebay? Maybe it all comes from the same place.

That does sound rather creepy....the knitting pattern thing. A little like the strange man who was trying to sell his late mother's house to us a decade ago: there were 'old lady court shoes' everywhere.

My status report: I'm seriously debating whether to attend The BSG drinks on Saturday night as I'm not prepared to argue the toss all evening. However, a social outing with people who'll be able to quote one liners back to me, instead of looking bewildered would be good.

Otherwise it's back to Mumsnet and the chats concerning Boden, skinny jeans and whether one can carry off a short skirt post thirty five.

In Delhi. In case you're wondering, it's a shit hole.

Also, just watched How to Train your Dragon 2 and it is absolutely excellent!

Ben is waiting for something to download and then he can escape reality.

Download how to train your dragon 2

Quote: Mikey88 @ 19th November 2014, 9:00 PM GMT

Download how to train your dragon 2

Surely the rudiments of training large reptiles would have been adequately covered in the first installment? Huh?

Just watch it, it's f**king awesome!

Quote: Nogget @ 19th November 2014, 4:37 PM GMT

Didn't you say you used to sell electronics on ebay? Maybe it all comes from the same place.

There's a mystical place somewhere in the far east that just pumps this "shit" out. You can get anything, you'd be very surprised and nowadays the quality is there too, just not the guarantee, that's the catch!

The old "they don't make them like they used to" is very true, everything now is plastic shit but at least we're covered by warranties and insurances and whatever else. If you buy a replica iPhone for example, they are sometimes built using the same factory processes as the real iPhones, so everything is there (except the software) but you're not really covered if it goes wrong because some guy in China doesn't give a shit.

N.B. I never sold iClones.

Ben thinks it's time for a shave!

Quote: Ben @ 23rd November 2014, 12:03 PM GMT

Ben thinks it's time for a shave!

What the bleep you bin doin' all morning?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd November 2014, 12:07 PM GMT

What the bleep you bin doin' all morning?

Just being.

Was the only member online for a few seconds. Never happened before.

"We're all doomed!"

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd November 2014, 7:32 PM GMT

Was the only member online for a few seconds. Never happened before.

I remember logging on several years ago at 4am when I had terrible flu. It was just Godot Taxis and I.

Did I come away from the experience with my wallet missing?

Yes.