Status report Page 5,681

Quote: Jennie @ 9th August 2014, 9:37 PM BST

Can't really say what it is at the moment, but it is exciting (for me, not for anyone else!) Changing direction slightly as find self employment too much of a pain.

"checks list of new Lords . . ."

Quote: Ben @ 9th August 2014, 9:52 PM BST

Ben's forearms really hurt. It might be from the gym, but that was two days ago. It's a mystery.

You're over 30. Mystery solved.

I've started going to the gym. I like the free weights section but do feel a bit self conscious with my 7kg dumbbells whilst the blokes next to me are doing 30kg. I've got myself an app and faithfully write down the weight and reps every time.

That also makes me feel a bit silly. :(

Quote: zooo @ 9th August 2014, 4:57 PM BST

Lol. I tried to watch yours Marc, but it was a man talking about nature or ducks or something. I must have internetted wrong.

It passed in a blur lol. So that was probably me! :D

Quote: Jennie @ 9th August 2014, 9:57 PM BST

I've started going to the gym. I like the free weights section but do feel a bit self conscious with my 7kg dumbbells whilst the blokes next to me are doing 30kg. I've got myself an app and faithfully write down the weight and reps every time.

That also makes me feel a bit silly. :(

I was very hesitant about going to the free weights section when I started, but it turns out no one really cares what everyone else is lifting. Just don't start grunting. No one likes a grunter in the gym!

I write all my weights and reps etc down on my phone. A lot of people do. Some even carry a little book round with them, but I find that slightly ridiculous in this day and age.

Quote: Jennie @ 9th August 2014, 9:37 PM BST

Did you get a solicitor? ALWAYS GET A SOLiCITOR!

Now you tell me. I didn't even get touched up before it!
Teary

I tried the free weights room at the local gym. But it was all jus a gimmick I had to join to use them!

Quote: Ben @ 9th August 2014, 10:02 PM BST

I was very hesitant about going to the free weights section when I started, but it turns out no one really cares what everyone else is lifting. Just don't start grunting. No one likes a grunter in the gym!

I write all my weights and reps etc down on my phone. A lot of people do. Some even carry a little book round with them, but I find that slightly ridiculous in this day and age.

That is comforting to know! I let out a little grunt once, but only because it was the last rep. I don't want to be one of those people who selects baby weights and does 100 reps because they want to look "toned" rather than muscly. I had a chat with a trainer who pointed out that there is no difference and as a woman there is no danger of bulging muscles anyway. He told me to lift heavy (for me). So I am. It is quite fun. I put loud music on and just lose myself in it.

Quote: Marc P @ 9th August 2014, 10:04 PM BST

Now you tell me. I didn't even get touched up before it!

Such poor service. :(

I've written to Nicholas Clegg!

Quote: Jennie @ 9th August 2014, 10:08 PM BST

That is comforting to know! I let out a little grunt once, but only because it was the last rep. I don't want to be one of those people who selects baby weights and does 100 reps because they want to look "toned" rather than muscly. I had a chat with a trainer who pointed out that there is no difference and as a woman there is no danger of bulging muscles anyway. He told me to lift heavy (for me). So I am. It is quite fun. I put loud music on and just lose myself in it.

Yep, you'd probably have to take steroids to get bulging muscles what with your lack of testosterone. I feel sorry for women at the gym who think all they can use is the stepper or cross-trainer. Seems like a waste of money.

I had a cross trainer once. I kept cancelling my sessions.

You should have kept a nordic track?

Ben didn't get up until 10.50 today. Shockingly late.

A piece of wood has fallen off my door, damn you giant hailstones.

Quote: Ben @ 10th August 2014, 12:11 PM BST

Ben didn't get up until 10.50 today. Shockingly late.

Stop working so hard then! Angry

Ben is a little upset that he's back to work tomorrow.