Status report Page 5,486

Old fashioned names are great.
Can we call you Maude?

Quote: Jennie @ 5th January 2014, 12:17 PM GMT

I have. (Well some of it - I may well have skimmed quite a lot of it. It was during my A Levels. I had more important things on my mind.)

I love old fashioned names. Should I ever accidentally reproduce, I am going for Florence or Ivy or Violet. If you love it, go for it.

jut so long as if its twins you don't call the boy Machine.

Quote: zooo @ 5th January 2014, 12:18 PM GMT

Old fashioned names are great.
Can we call you Maude?

So long as the middle name isn't Lynne that would be just miserable.

Quote: sootyj @ 5th January 2014, 12:15 PM GMT

AnneSummersValueDildos

Laughing out loud

But sooty is right, you weren't given a choice of name at birth, you were labelled and therefore have every right to change it if you're not happy. Remember, names are powerful things, so choose wisely.

Wise words, choosing a surname means making quite a powerful statement about who you are. And one that everyone knows you chose your self.

Some names have very strong and distinct meanings.

So I shouldn't go for Fanny Cockburn, then?

Well Cockburns is always original

Patiently waits for someone to note obscure 1980s port advert pun

Was it from a Dad's Army episode?

I've just eaten 3/4 of the raw chocolate cake batter and have a very little chocolate cake as a result.

I don't feel as guilty as I should.

Quote: Harridan @ 5th January 2014, 12:35 PM GMT

So I shouldn't go for Fanny Cockburn, then?

I think the best thing you can do is put up all the different names you're considering and doing a poll on the BCG and allowing us to choose your new name.

We can do it all again in a year's time for your gender reassignment too.

;) :P

Oh, how I've missed you! Unimpressed

Quote: Harridan @ 5th January 2014, 4:22 PM GMT

Oh, how I've missed you! Unimpressed

<3

Miley Twerkington.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 5th January 2014, 4:21 PM GMT

I think the best thing you can do is put up all the different names you're considering and doing a poll on the BCG and allowing us to choose your new name.

We can do it all again in a year's time for your gender reassignment too.

;) :P

Talking about gender reassignment, whatever happened to you, I heard you'd become human resources.

I'm considering Twerking the next time I'm at Morrisons deli counter theres a rather attractive young lady who serves brawn so sexily there, Do you think she will enjoy a 50+ Twerk?.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 5th January 2014, 12:22 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

But sooty is right, you weren't given a choice of name at birth, you were labelled and therefore have every right to change it if you're not happy.

Don't be such a brat RC Wave