Status report Page 5,485

It's a crossover post, what with my status being that I am currently avoiding that book...

Byron is rubbish that is all you know and all you ever need to know. And it was eight drachmas before you ask!

Quote: Ben @ 4th January 2014, 11:17 PM GMT

Wait, have I stumbled into the 'What are you reading' thread?!

:D

You can Do Juan.

Quote: Ben @ 4th January 2014, 11:17 PM GMT

Wait, have I stumbled into the 'What are you breading' thread?!

Spider sheep, its not a success

With byron do you get one free.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th January 2014, 11:20 PM GMT

With byron do you get one free.

Booyah!

Feeling quite pissed. That's what despair about the end of celebrations does for you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 4th January 2014, 11:08 PM GMT

That's all right matey, if I want to see a 200 year old penis joke - I'll look in Old Rocker's underpants!

:P

You'd be bitterly disappointed.

Harridan is considering changing her name and can't work out if that's a bonkers thing to do or not.

Marriage?

Quote: Harridan @ 5th January 2014, 11:56 AM GMT

Harridan is considering changing her name and can't work out if that's a bonkers thing to do or not.

Oooh...to what?

Quote: Marc P @ 4th January 2014, 11:18 PM GMT

Byron is rubbish

:O :O :O

He lived in Nottinghamshire for all of about 10 seconds. That alone makes him great. Angry

Quote: Marc P @ 5th January 2014, 12:05 PM GMT

Marriage?

No, definitely not. I've just become extremely fed up with nobody being able to work out how double-barrelled surnames work and having to deal with parcels being lost in the Post Office delivery office because they don't know which letter to look for, and having to spend several minutes explaining my name to almost every customer service person I have to deal with. And I'm also not very fond of my full first name so I thought maybe I could change it to a name I do like that has the same shortened form.

Quote: Jennie @ 5th January 2014, 12:08 PM GMT

Oooh...to what?

He lived in Nottinghamshire for all of about 10 seconds. That alone makes him great. Angry

Have you ever read Childe Harold?

Oooh...to what?

He also shagged his sister and took a bear to university...his decisions were not all very sound!

I have an idea, but I'm slightly embarrassed to say it, so perhaps that's an indication it's not a good name! I do love it, but it's a bit old-fashioned.

Sounds sensible and 2 fingers to indecisive parents who lumbered you with their innability to choose one surname.

Why not make some money by sponsoring your surname to a company for advertising space.

Sootyj is considering becoming, Mr Tupperware or AnneSummersValueDildos depends on who offers the most.

Actually if Sootyj like his hero Lord Sir Alan Sugar gets to be made a lord, Lord Sir Sooty AndrexSoftBumWipe sounds positively regal.

He also makes great if pricy burgers

Quote: Marc P @ 5th January 2014, 12:11 PM GMT

Have you ever read Childe Harold?

I have. (Well some of it - I may well have skimmed quite a lot of it. It was during my A Levels. I had more important things on my mind.)

Quote: Harridan @ 5th January 2014, 12:12 PM GMT

I have an idea, but I'm slightly embarrassed to say it, so perhaps that's an indication it's not a good name! I do love it, but it's a bit old-fashioned.

I love old fashioned names. Should I ever accidentally reproduce, I am going for Florence or Ivy or Violet. If you love it, go for it.