Status report Page 5,461

Quote: roscoff @ 20th December 2013, 1:45 PM GMT

Roscoff is feeling sorry for himself as he hit some black ice this morning and came careering off his bike. Badly sprained wrist (perhaps more :( ) large swelling on calf muscle, skinned knee (like when you were seven). Colleague taking me home tonight!

Sorry to hear that Roscoff, hope you're on the mend soon.

I did the very same thing today minutes away from work, had a very frightening experience as the car skidded on what I can only presume is black ice, I spun out of control and came to a stop in the opposite direction having crashed up a grass verge into a lamppost. The bumper and back light totally smashed but I was fine.
Managed to get home having got help from someone with duct tape to secure the bumber and the car has been taken away now until Tuesday.
Phew, I do feel lucky though.

Your Latino friend?

Who that??

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 20th December 2013, 5:41 PM GMT

Sorry to hear that Roscoff, hope you're on the mend soon.

I did the very same thing today minutes away from work, had a very frightening experience as the car skidded on what I can only presume is black ice, I spun out of control and came to a stop in the opposite direction having crashed up a grass verge into a lamppost. The bumper and back light totally smashed but I was fine.
Managed to get home having got help from someone with duct tape to secure the bumber and the car has been taken away now until Tuesday.

Glad you're ok but a very frightening experience.

Chip's just accidentally squirted custard across the kitchen floor.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ 20th December 2013, 5:26 PM GMT

Robyn is EXHAUSTED.

Hiyah, Scats.

Merry Christmas to you...

:) :D :) :D Laughing out loud

Scats!

Quote: chipolata @ 20th December 2013, 6:35 PM GMT

Chip's just accidentally squirted custard across the kitchen floor.

TMI.

Quote: keewik @ 20th December 2013, 6:05 PM GMT

Glad you're ok but a very frightening experience.

Thanks keewik, bloody scary yes, and I do ache a bit probably from the jolt but feel damn lucky there were no other cars coming along at the time.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 20th December 2013, 5:41 PM GMT

Yikes. That must have shaken you up some.

I'm no boy racer so maybe that helped at the time!

Commiserations to roscoff, shandy, and sooty (cheese sandwich), and wb Chip. Wave

I hope the pain will some day lessen

possibly with a superior sandwich

Ben ate too many Pringles and sausage rolls today. As a result, he decided to have a pot of low fat cottage cheese for dinner.

Poof

Harridan just got this for Christmas and may never leave the house again...