Status report Page 4,681

Quote: sootyj @ July 22 2012, 12:50 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6i2par2Fv0

Hmm. Don't think it would be my thing.

Quote: Will Cam @ July 22 2012, 11:08 AM BST

Will Cam is having a good start to the day:

Smarmy followed by breakfast in bed while he read yesterday's paper. He is still there.

Laughing out loud

Heading out now for some all day drinkage! Everyone have a lovely Sunday.

Wave

Knocked out some quick flyer designage. Done for the day, thank lord. Totally fed up of this computer screen.

Knocked out some quick flyer designage. Done for the day, thank lord. Totally fed up of this computer screen.

Flyer designage? You getting paid for it or just a hobby?

Quote: Lee @ July 22 2012, 4:41 PM BST

Didn't he used to present How?

Quote: Lee @ July 22 2012, 4:41 PM BST

I'm doing freebies for a selected few (almost all doing Free Festival shows) this year so I can build a portfolio and charge for work next year. The idea is to pitch 'express design' packages at low prices, as it's not really something that is offered much at the moment. Considering taking a showcase up to Fringe next year, and doing something like this would help go towards apartment rent or listing fees etc.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 22 2012, 3:44 PM BST

Most people just use zippers.

Oh you say flyER :$

Oh bill Rolling eyes

Loopey is overreacting to being given details of her 'surprise' party, as in the scheme of things, it ain't the end of the world. Still annoyed though.

Oh no! :( What happened?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 22 2012, 4:55 PM BST

I'm doing freebies for a selected few (almost all doing Free Festival shows) this year so I can build a portfolio and charge for work next year. The idea is to pitch 'express design' packages at low prices, as it's not really something that is offered much at the moment. Considering taking a showcase up to Fringe next year, and doing something like this would help go towards apartment rent or listing fees etc.

Cool, sounds like a plan. :)

Also, what Lee said.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 22 2012, 5:23 PM BST

Oh no! :( What happened?

There is, or was, a surprise party for me in a couple of weeks. A guest just sent me a chatty email about it.
Angry

Last night I took part in a road cruise in memory of a local lad who was killed recently. Seeing hundreds of youngsters on their motorbikes and in their modified cars paying tribute to their friend was an emotional and humbling experience.

Puts spoiled surprises into perspective. I'm lucky to be old enough to have a special party; he was 18.

:( Hug for both all the same.