Status report Page 4,468

Apart from the bitching about gastropubs, I do love my local a bit. But they've made a big thing of advertising that they have four, count 'em, four ales in- and the best one is Broadside. At 3.80 a pint. I want to weep

Quote: zooo @ May 20 2012, 10:07 PM BST

Change this to the entire bloody family.
I must be adopted, because they are all f**king insane.

(And I am lovely as we all know...) Unimpressed

Shades of Lizzie Borden. Do you actually have an axe?

Just saw Beat the Frog in Leeds is advertising £1.70 a pint.

Quote: keewik @ May 20 2012, 11:14 PM BST

Shades of Lizzie Borden. Do you actually have an axe?

No. But if they keep at it I shall be sending them a strongly worded post-it.

To my horror I've just learned that Son 1 watched the progression of the Olympic torch today. he must be a changeling.

Quote: AJGO @ May 20 2012, 11:01 PM BST

Apart from the bitching about gastropubs, I do love my local a bit. But they've made a big thing of advertising that they have four, count 'em, four ales in- and the best one is Broadside. At 3.80 a pint. I want to weep

Oooh - but Broadside is lovely you know. Not at £3.80 a pint though. You must live in a really posh part of town.

Quote: Chappers @ May 20 2012, 11:32 PM BST

Oooh - but Broadside is lovely you know. Not at £3.80 a pint though. You must live in a really posh part of town.

Broadside is alright, but not the star of a promotion. And this part of North London has an incredibly inflated sense of self-importance. And I have quite a gullible-looking face

Quote: AJGO @ May 20 2012, 11:36 PM BST

Broadside is alright, but not the star of a promotion. And this part of North London has an incredibly inflated sense of self-importance. And I have quite a gullible-looking face

I would say Broadside is the best beer I've tasted with Hobgoblin - which I've had a couple of today - coming a close second.

Quote: Chappers @ May 20 2012, 11:46 PM BST

I would say Broadside is the best beer I've tasted with Hobgoblin - which I've had a couple of today - coming a close second.

Hobgoblin! What a wondeful name.

Quote: keewik @ May 20 2012, 11:19 PM BST

To my horror I've just learned that Son 1 watched the progression of the Olympic torch today. he must be a changeling.

Disown, strike out of will, never allow him in your house again.

He's been got at by the spawn of Satan.

Don't even look into his eyes.

Make sure you have mirrors everywhere.

Agree with all that. Trouble is I love him.

Quote: keewik @ May 20 2012, 11:55 PM BST

Hobgoblin! What a wondeful name.

I just had a can of that at home, it's made at Wychwood Brewery.

A very nice beer.

AJGO, beer at The Coronet is £2.45 per pint.

Quote: keewik @ May 20 2012, 11:59 PM BST

Agree with all that. Trouble is I love him.

You cannot, must not !

He's been taken by the Dark Side.

He's merely a husk of himself !

Give him a slice of garlic bread and see what happens !

In spite of all my teaching, he loves garlic bread.

Quote: Chappers @ May 20 2012, 11:46 PM BST

Really?! I had a lovely pint at BCG drinks a wee while ago and I can't remember what it was called. I'm clearly not cut out to be a proper ale geek.

And my memory has gone shocking lately, and I don't know why, or if I did, I've forgotten. I've always been a bit daft and wandered into rooms and not remembered why, but in the last month or so it's taking me ages to recall things I know that I know. Today someone did the 'an andbag' thing at my handbag, and twenty-ish minutes later in the middle of another conversation I exclaimed 'Bracknell!

Quote: billwill @ May 21 2012, 12:00 AM BST

AJGO, beer at The Coronet is £2.45 per pint.

Because you have to drink in the Coronet. Do you not feel really weird being in that large a space with no filler noise? I do usually hate background music in pubs, but that place really needs something to help with the ghostliness