Status report Page 4,469

Quote: keewik @ May 21 2012, 12:11 AM BST

In spite of all my teaching, he loves garlic bread.

Then Sister, all you can do is pray.

May your God go with you . . . .

Quote: AJGO @ May 21 2012, 12:14 AM BST

Really?! I had a lovely pint at BCG drinks a wee while ago and I can't remember what it was called. I'm clearly not cut out to be a proper ale geek.

And my memory has gone shocking lately, and I don't know why, or if I did, I've forgotten. I've always been a bit daft and wandered into rooms and not remembered why, but in the last month or so it's taking me ages to recall things I know that I know. Today someone did the 'an andbag' thing at my handbag, and twenty-ish minutes later in the middle of another conversation I exclaimed 'Bracknell!

Obviously you are doomed.

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 21 2012, 12:15 AM BST

Then Sister, all you can do is pray.

May your God go with you . . . .

He has given me booksabout the craft so maybe there's hope.

As long as he's not gone scientologist, things can always be a lot worse!

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2012, 12:20 AM BST

Then I'd have to commit infanticide though he's not an infant.

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2012, 12:20 AM BST

How can Scientology be worse than going out to watch the Olympic flame go by ?

Not even in the same league !

Going to yet another funeral tomorrow. Nobody close but I'm really fed up with bloody funerals.

Because you have to drink in the Coronet. Do you not feel really weird being in that large a space with no filler noise? I do usually hate background music in pubs, but that place really needs something to help with the ghostliness

I can't stand continuous background music in Pubs in any case, the only real effect it has is to make everyone talk louder and louder, so I much prefer the quieter Wetherspoon pubs.

You can actually listen to and talk to friends without having to shout.

Quote: billwill @ May 21 2012, 12:27 AM BST

I can't stand continuous background music in Pubs in any case, the only real effect it has is to make everyone talk louder and louder, so I much prefer the quieter Wetherspoon pubs.

In the Weatherspoons in Wolves you'd have to shout over the ones saying 'You'm my besht frend you are'

Quote: keewik @ May 21 2012, 12:18 AM BST

Obviously you are doomed.

I suspected as much

Quote: billwill @ May 21 2012, 12:27 AM BST

Agreed, but that place is just too big. It's like being surrounded by the ominous presence of better days past.

And my memory has gone shocking lately, and I don't know why, or if I did, I've forgotten. I've always been a bit daft and wandered into rooms and not remembered why, but in the last month or so it's taking me ages to recall things I know that I know. Today someone did the 'an andbag' thing at my handbag, and twenty-ish minutes later in the middle of another conversation I exclaimed 'Bracknell!

I was cooking dinner the other night and after a taste test I decided I needed salt. Reached up to open the cudboard directly in front of me and in the two seconds it took to open I forgot what I opened it for. I had to stare at everything in there before I remembered what I wanted.

What is the handbag thing about?

:) OH dear, a senior moment, I have started calling things the wrong name?

Will Cam has taken the day off today in lieu of extra hours he has put in. Does he do something productive around the house, or just doss about?

Doss. Until you inevitably get bored, and then do something useful.

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2012, 8:36 AM BST

Doss. Until you inevitably get bored, and then do something useful.

I have quite a high tolerance for dossing.

Ooh, go for it then!