Status report Page 4,282

:( What a twat.

Such is the world of the flatsearcher. A horrible, dark world, where people rinse your oyster card and phone credit when you have least money to spare just so you can sit on a bus for an hour with some idiot refusing to pay or get off because 'his grandparents were slaves' and then stand in the freezing cold not having a clue what's going on and then start all over again to doubtless the exact same crap. My Mum has decided I'm so pathetic I need taking out for dinner, so some good has come of it!

Woo!

I remember being given a tour of the world's worst flat. It was VILE. There was mould in the bathroom, the sofa was falling apart, mouse poo in the kitchen, a weird smell, broken windows, carpets with lots of stains, and a overgrown garden. The landlady said "It may need a little work" to which my flatmate said "Yeah, it needs knocking down and rebuilding".

The worst flat I was ever shown was just one tiny square room where the bed pulled down from a cupboard, and when it was down the end of the mattress touched the front of the oven.

I laughed and wanted to kill myself at the same time.

Quote: zooo @ February 10 2012, 8:06 PM GMT

The worst flat I was ever shown was just one tiny square room where the bed pulled down from a cupboard, and when it was down the end of the mattress touched the front of the oven.

If the population keeps growing at the current rate I expect all flats will be like that in 25 years time.

Great newsTummble lovely house, wish mine was as nice as that! reminds me We have a hell of a lot of repairs/decorating to do! MUST finish bedroom walls tomm.

Sorry nothing good turned up for you AJGO, something great will turn up, enjoy your meal! Console

I've always wanted a bed that folds out of the wall.

You are quite welcome to one!

;) That would be handy for your Missus, when you prattle on, bam!, fold him away!

Quote: AJGO @ February 10 2012, 7:45 PM GMT

Such is the world of the flatsearcher. A horrible, dark world, where people rinse your oyster card and phone credit when you have least money to spare just so you can sit on a bus for an hour with some idiot refusing to pay or get off because 'his grandparents were slaves' and then stand in the freezing cold not having a clue what's going on and then start all over again to doubtless the exact same crap. My Mum has decided I'm so pathetic I need taking out for dinner, so some good has come of it!

The darkest hour is just before dawn.

When the HB cuts force all the benefit hogs out of the capital it'll be a cheap rent/buy bonanza for us abused working stiffs.

Quote: AJGO @ February 10 2012, 7:27 PM GMT

Congratulations Tuumble :)

The geezer had already let the one we were going to see. We so enjoyed hanging around waiting for him to pick up phone for 45 mins. Luckily is near my Mums so am having consolatory glass of wine

Love it when that happens....Not. When I was house hunting last year I went to see a studio. After the agent had shown me and the other prospective tennants around, decided to inform us that there was an approved application on it and they just needed confirmation.

Great! I loved standing out in the rain waiting for you to turn up.

I like it when you wait hours for the estate agent to turn up, they finally come, and then have brought the wrong keys.

Oh, how amusing that is.

Quote: zooo @ February 10 2012, 8:06 PM GMT

The place I'm in now is a tiny rectangle. It didn't come with a bed but it would have been possible to position the bed so that it touched the oven.

I'm in a travelodge in Birmingham . How did it ever come to this