Status report Page 2,405

Quote: Aaron @ June 29 2010, 6:53 PM BST

I initially assumed that he was bloody ancient of your generation too!

You can't talk- you're younger than me and you like 'George and the Dragon' Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 12:04 PM BST

Well done, Jack!
Are you doing university straight away, this year?

Yeah, got a place at Abertysworth in Wales, so going to give that a go considering I get the grades.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 30 2010, 12:08 PM BST

You can't talk- you're younger than me and you like 'George and the Dragon' Whistling nnocently Yeah, got a place at Abertysworth in Wales, so going to give that a go considering I get the grades.

Nice uni, Aber. Relatively near me. I'll come and see you! ;)

Ooh, fun!

(Uni that is, not being stalked by chip) ;)

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 11:58 AM BST

I HAVE HURT MY FINGER AND IT HURTS.

<nods> Hmmm, yes it usually does under those circumstances.

UPDATE: STILL HURTS!

You can't talk- you're younger than me and you like 'George and the Dragon' Whistling nnocently

'Cos it's bloody funny!

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 1:48 PM BST

UPDATE: STILL HURTS!

You should get yourself one of these. http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-10292-Culinare-Safety-Can-Opener.html

I have an earlier model.

They are brilliant, they cut through the RIM of the can, half-way down and so they leave a smooth, non-sharp rim on BOTH the can and the lid.

No sharp edges to cut your fingers.

Wowwwww.

I don't really understand how it works, but yes I should get one!

Ironically I was giving our brand new (normal) tin opener its virgin voyage. It worked very well, until I practically cut my entire arm off with the tin.

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 10:57 AM BST

Ooh, DaButt - I didn't know that's what you were travelling to.

From what I can see of them in the pic, you were wearing lovely shoes. ;)

Wedding Monday, drive to Seattle Tuesday through Friday, cruise to Alaska on Saturday. We'll try to make it to Oregon today. My daughter is honeymooning in Hawaii and trying to make some grandchildren.

The shoes are my ex-wife's. Sick The pastor was a little distressed when I didn't mention her at the "Who gives this woman away" question, but that's what my daughter requested.

Quote: DaButt @ June 30 2010, 2:20 PM BST

My daughter is honeymooning in Hawaii and trying to make some grandchildren.

She's not meant to tell her dad that bit!

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 2:28 PM BST

She's not meant to tell her dad that bit!

It's only a guess, but I would assume I'm correct.

The view near Pebble Beach in Carmel, California.

Chip's just back from lunch by the river where he saw a magnificent swan skimming along the surface like a right showy off bastard. :)

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 2:57 PM BST

Chip's just back from lunch by the river where he saw a magnificent swan skimming along the surface like a right showy off bastard. :)

Hates beer, thinks about naked men most of the time, gets all soppy over swans. Hmm . . .

Yeah, got a place at Abertysworth in Wales, so going to give that a go considering I get the grades.

I went there..WeLL kind of I lived with someone who went to the uni and used to go out to union. A great Uni is Aber.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 3:02 PM BST

Hates beer, thinks about naked men most of the time, gets all soppy over swans. Hmm . . .

I've seen straighter dancers.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 3:02 PM BST

Also completely secure with his brooding alpha male heterosexuality. Cool