Status report Page 1,445

Quote: Moonstone @ November 6 2009, 11:39 AM GMT

Moonstone has been fighting hypoglycemia all day after injecting twice the amount of insulin he should've. It's not fun :( And if there any any typos in this post it's because I can't actually see at the minute. Very frustrating. Angry

I've actually been inspired to use one of these...
Console

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

Luckily that's not due to any pancreatic insufficiency, but insulin resistance (which is a major part of the problem in obesity-related type II diabetes). :)

It was borderline but the size of the baby caused concern. I was disgustingly massive and made a hideous pregnant woman. I had constant edema (so there were pre-eclampsia fears) and couldn't wear any shoes except flip flops, add the SPD and I had to lie around like an obsese whale for two months.

Console

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 11:41 AM GMT

:(

Have you got some glucagon standing by, just in case?

I've eaten 3 bars of Cadburys Caramel already lol. I'm over the worst part but my vision is still gone. I'm using a magnifyer I installed just for these occasions. I'm just waiting for my sight to return now and then I should be fine. It is so so frustrating not being able to see.

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 11:48 AM GMT

Console

Awwwwwww, tahnks zoooz! Do you not like using the console smilie then?

Quote: Moonstone @ November 6 2009, 11:54 AM GMT

I've eaten 3 bars of Cadburys Caramel already lol. I'm over the worst part but my vision is still gone. I'm using a magnifyer I installed just for these occasions. I'm just waiting for my sight to return now and then I should be fine. It is so so frustrating not being able to see.

Hope you feel better soon. Console

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:55 AM GMT

Hope you feel better soon. Console

Thank you Dolly. It was my own silly fault though so I can't complain too mcuh lol.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 6 2009, 11:55 AM GMT

Was it Mixtard you used? If so, what prep?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 6 2009, 11:58 AM GMT

Was it Mixtard you used? If so, what prep?

It's Humulin M3 - the standard I think. What do you mean by what prep?

Yaaay, I can read a bit now without the magnifyer!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 5 2009, 7:03 PM GMT

You needed this long to work THAT out? I'm suspecting you're not much more advanced Unimpressed

Merely confirming my long-held suspicions.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 5 2009, 7:03 PM GMT

Do you think it means something?

That you're a mental? Yes.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 10:54 AM GMT

Yeah, it's looking good and it had a decent budget. :)

I think you did see an early draft. It was changed some more during rehearsals.

That is excellent news, considerably chuffed for you.

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 12:05 PM GMT

That you're a mental? Yes.

Bloody hell! Imagine if I'd dreamt ti was red! That'd make me a psychopath or sum;mat!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 6 2009, 12:02 PM GMT

It's Humulin M3 - the standard I think. What do you mean by what prep?

Oh, just the percentage ratio of quick-acting to medium-acting, e.g. 70/30.

M3 is an intermediate length acting insulin prep, but if you've accidentally over-dosed the worst should be over in 6-8 hours. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:45 AM GMT

Is it me or is there lots of people here with diabetes and epilepsy?

Epos unite! *makes superhero pose*

Quote: zooo @ November 6 2009, 11:48 AM GMT

Console

Sick

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 6 2009, 11:51 AM GMT

I couldn't wear any shoes except flip flops

Sick

Quote: Moonstone @ November 6 2009, 12:09 PM GMT

Bloody hell! Imagine if I'd dreamt ti was red! That'd make me a psychopath or sum;mat!

Yes it would!

Ian, have you changed your diet yet? Have you started cooking your own food?

Get a cooking book, there's enough out there to find one specific to you. Start off easy, obviously and once you get into the swing of it, you'll be able to create your own dishes and then invite us all around and let us eat it :D

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 12:16 PM GMT

Sick

I fell down the stairs when pregnant because of the bloody flip flops which was another hospital visit. I was pregnant during that really, really hot summer so it mostly ok. I went on holiday to France when 6 months pregnant and managed to get my slip-on Vans (honeycomb skull pattern btw - never seen anyone else with another pair) on the morning I left. By the time I was on the ferry I had badly de-formed cankles (when your calf just blurs into your ankle) and looked like I had elephantits. On another morning I had to go to A&E to get my rings cut off because my fingers were so swollen they were turning blue.