Sitcoms that ended on a high Page 3

Quote: Jack Massey @ October 8 2008, 10:25 PM BST

I was unaware he had an 'A' in his name.

It may, just may now, have been a typing error.

The LoG pantomime was flipping awesome.

Otherwise, I am sad to say that I've been pretty underwhelmed by them. I don't hate it, but it's not something I uber-enjoy.

Oh and Matthew, it may not be dictionary 'approved' (I'm not sure), but as an amalgamation of two different words, rather than a joining of two whole words, I don't think that a hyphen is necessary!

Anyway.

What, is he spelling it Simon-Pegg now?

No no, Britcom vs. Brit-com.

Oh!

It's like he has a 'thing'. I think he should continue. :)

Arrested Development.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 8 2008, 10:34 PM BST

It may, just may now, have been a typing error.

I find this thesis untenable. Whistling nnocently

Ooh, well slipped in.

*snigger*

When writers and actors make the choice to end a show themselves, rather than just being cancelled, is that brave or cowardly? Are they walking away with intergrity, or are they just spineless shits too "precious" to continue?

Yes, that's what I always think when I'm pissed off that my favourite shows have decided to stop.

Quote: chipolata @ October 9 2008, 2:11 PM BST

When writers and actors make the choice to end a show themselves, rather than just being cancelled, is that brave or cowardly? Are they walking away with intergrity, or are they just spineless shits too "precious" to continue?

I often ask myself this about Fawlty Towers - still can't make my mind up.

Game On. It could have gone either way when Ben Chaplin left but Neil Stuke was a brilliant replacement and the overall storyline of Matthew being gayed up by that bloke from The Bill worked perfectly so it was a character prgression not just a change of actor.

Quote: chipolata @ October 9 2008, 2:11 PM BST

Depends on the show, and the writers. Cleese and Booth were wise enough to understand that they'd captured something special, and couldn't really go any further with the characters without diluting or bastardising the setup.

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 8 2008, 11:35 PM BST

I find this thesis untenable. Whistling nnocently

Tee-hee!