Sitcom Writing Idea! Page 6

That could work. Contribute our own bits - so to speak - then someone could weave into a story line.

The only way you could work this is to define the characters and give each person a scene. e.g. three storylines, three scenes for each storyline, like Curb, and they would all be resolved in the final scene. Why don't you have people post the characteristics of each character and then decide on storylines. It'll be easier to rewrite character dialogue at the end rather than the beginning.

Has this idea died? A shame really but what about doing it like a sort of "tag". Maybe start it with my idea on page 2. As I said before it's just a starting point. Anyone could pick it up and see where it goes. May work but what is there to lose?

Shame.

It hasn't died but nobody will define the characters, you can't write a plot when you don't know the characters involved.

Sorry a bit behind I mentioned that I may have to drop out of this project and it looks like I'm going to have to sorry guys... I seem to have a few too many projects/college work on at the moment... I'm sure you can find another writer to fill in.

Again, as an outsider looking in.

First get the names of the writers who want in, then decide premise.

Using the premise, you'll need to bounce interesting ideas for main characters (giving them plenty of tensions and attractions) possibly limiting to yourselves to 3-4 main characters. Too many is distracting. Each of you couldn't really have total control over deciding one character each, as you probably will 'double up' character traits. I think that has already arisen in earlier posts.

Then go for plot.

It would be a shame to see this falter. But your group needs to elect a leader who will then start setting the agenda.

Careful slagg.... might end up on another committee!

Lets decide for definate how many writers there will be and how many characters. Then, hopefully, we can move on from there. First of all, I'm in as a writer, who else?

I'm available if you want me......

Like I said before I'm available as a writer..

Sounds like a good idea to me.What are your initial thoughts?

Peter

i think that sounds rather shibby
i just wondered what sort of audience it was aimed for? would it be mainly sarcastic? slapstick? satirical?

It's hard to say what the target audience is at the moment. I have no idea.

I think this idea could work, and I would be glad to contribute.