Sitcom Writing Idea! Page 3

It was just some sort of starting point. obviously you can put your own characters dialogue in but I just tried to think of some sort of phobia that - as far as I was aware - doesn't really exist. Use bits of it how you want.

I am myself quite the hypochondriac, I'm actually sat here wondering if my tongue is swelling up for no reason, there's my character, whatever we decide to do!

I'll wait with baited breath to see what everyone else comes up with. Take it from there.

So that scene you posted? That's not what I meant by taking it in turns.

I'll go with the self help group idea, although I did want to do the gambling addict because that's why I mentioned gamblers earlier.

The problem I've realized with that idea is, they would all be sat around in a circle all talking at the same time, and although thats a great opportunity for improv, its not going to be easy to do on the 'net.

I'm going with a gambling addict... mostly cause you put me within a 10-metre radius of a fruit machine and I will put my money into it!

I have MSN my Email address is on my profile, so add me if you like... As for storylines I thought about it a bit and each episode could show them supporting each other in different ways or rubbing it in.

GARY: Won on the horses yesterday.

PHIL: Piss off!

well.. something like that anyway even, falling off the wagon can provide comedy as can in turn bring conflict and so on.

Why is everyone stealing my gambling addict? lol

I wasn't trying to hijack it or anything Lee. Just to show maybe how my character could develop. Is it going ahead? Let me know. If we take it in turns everyone involved has to be there at the same time really.

Is it decided that it will be about phobias/addictions or is it still up for debate?

If it is about phobias, then how about a character who doesn't have a phobia but organises the sesions to help the others?

Or he's got a phobia about phobias...

Ever since I posted this idea, I've been having doubts about it. And the current direction it's taken is not my original plan. I love the idea of a support group and think it gives great room for improv, but can't see it really working on the 'net?

I was thinking I might pull out and concentrate on my own projects. But then I'd still love to write as part of a team, seeing as I'm not organized enough and believe me not a team leader, I'm thinking I may reposition myself to the incidental characters, if that's ok with everyone?

So is anyone interested in taking over as errr "Head Writer"? And also bringing back my faith into the project?

How about this for an idea. There is this man, he advertises for a cook. In the advertisement, he insists she cooks him a meal and he will see if she is right for the job. Then he says, "I'll get back to you". He does this every night, so he is getting a free meal cooked for him. Just a little idea I had

that sounds good... but not really sitocm material, that would possibly work better as a small series of sketches

Jack, you could call it "Ready, Steady, now eff off"

Paul's right, imo it's more a sketch.