Who else here thinks that James Bond is shit? Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ October 2 2008, 4:30 PM BST

If those are the only programs you use, then neither Windows nor any flavour of *nix would crash either.

*shrugs* I just know I've had enough of Windows hanging or throwing up any other errors.

I've played with both and I've had the best experience on a Mac, especially now after playing about with iLife and Frontrow(I think it's called?).

I don't know enough about PC's to have a debate about this anyway. But I'm happy using a Mac.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:34 PM BST

Ah OK, thanks.

I think US film screenwriters always get screwed over. From what I can gather most films have about 10 writers' paws all over it, especially the 'by committee' block busters.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 2 2008, 4:35 PM BST

Yes.

Cool.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:32 PM BST

There's nothing I can think you would want to do on Windows that you can't do on a Mac.

Use a good OS, perhaps? ;)

Although I will admit sometimes you have to wait a bit longer for apps to be ported to Mac, such as Google Chrome (which looked like a nice browser when I tried it on Windows).

Google Chrome is a hugely disappointing piece of crap. You're really not missing anything. Perhaps in 6 months, but right now, it's barely worth the download.

Aaron - Macs run on a *nix platform now anyway, as I'm sure you know.

It's not true *nix though, is it? It's a heavily bastardised, closed-source, *nix-based OS.

I've been a PC user for 6 years and a mac user for 7. PC = Piece of CRAP.

People like Seefacts and Aaron have never even used a mac for a sustained period of time. The most they've done is had a go on one for a few minutes in a mac store or at their friends house. It's basically a fear of the unknown. They're scared of macs. They go on one and they shit themselves. They look like this---> Huh? Huh? They secretly hate their PCs though. And they have a lot of pent up anger due to their PCs giving them trouble all the time. So they take it out on mac users. Wave

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2008, 4:35 PM BST

I don't know enough about PC's to have a debate about this anyway. But I'm happy using a Mac.

Macs are PCs of course, but yeah, fair enough. :)

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ October 2 2008, 4:42 PM BST

People like Seefacts and Aaron have never even used a mac for a sustained period of time. The most they've done is had a go on one for a few minutes in a mac store or at their friends house. It's basically a fear of the unknown. They're scared of macs. They go on one and they shit themselves. They look like this---> Huh? Huh? They secretly hate their PCs though. And they have a lot of pent up anger due to their PCs giving them trouble all the time. So they take it out on mac users. Wave

Incorrect on every single point.

Mac user. Love it. Thought I should be here 'cos we hunt in packs.

Quote: Aaron @ October 2 2008, 4:43 PM BST

Macs are PCs of course, but yeah, fair enough. :)

That's exactly why I said PCs, I don't know enough about personal computers.

Aaron - yes, Apple's version of UNIX ("Darwin") is open-source: http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

although the rest of the OS that sits on top of Darwin (ie all the "cool" Apple stuff) is proprietary.

Although I don't see why you have to be fully open-source to be "proper" *NIX.
Most commercial UNIXes aren't, eg HP-UX, Solaris, AIX etc.

Anyway, back to James Bond. Who was the fittest Bond girl?

Yeah, and I wouldn't consider those to be proper *nix either. :P

I'm a Mac user and on Aaron's side (for once)...

Yeah, and I wouldn't consider those to be proper *nix either.

What is a proper *nix? Linux? It doesn't even end in "nix".

I had a good laugh in my last day of work. One of the Linux guys was lecturing me about how the "dependency hell" of Linux was a thing of the past, and it was supposedly a piece of piss to install software on Linux now. "You can install anything in three clicks". And then he needed to install something. It still wasn't installed and working by the end of the afternoon.

OK that's not comedy in the traditional sense of actually being funny. But Aaron will understand.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ October 2 2008, 4:42 PM BST

I've been a PC user for 6 years and a mac user for 7. PC = Piece of CRAP.

Really? I seem to remember using a Mac for 2 years - maybe I dreamt that.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:49 PM BST

Anyway, back to James Bond. Who was the fittest Bond girl?

Carey Lowell was lovely.

When did you use the Mac, Seefacts? They were shit in the 90s before OSX came along.

Carey Lowell was lovely.

Yes, yes she was. As was Maryam D'Abo from the other Dalton film. (I saw her at Heathrow a few years ago and she's still looking pretty good for her age.)

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:57 PM BST

When did you use the Mac, Seefacts? They were shit in the 90s before OSX came along.

03-05. OS 9 and 10.

Video editing, web design, word processing, usual web stuff.

Hated it.