Who else here thinks that James Bond is shit? Page 3

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:20 PM BST

*waves from behind a Mac, which has almost never given any compatibility problems*

Yeah, it's not as bad as they say. All the programs I use, which are only Firefox and Celtx work perfectly. I've never seen it crash either. I'm happy with it.

I have seen a bond film actually. Octopussy is definitely one of the funniest films I've seen.

Octopussy was written by George Macdonald Fraser, a very fine writer (Flashman etc).

Unfortunately, as detailed in his autobiography, the script he handed in was absolutely nothing like what ended up on screen.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2008, 4:22 PM BST

Bourne is great; kick-ass fighting, and an intriguing story. Though I hope they don't do anymore.

Ultimatum was quite brilliant. That fight scene in Tangiers was brutal. Watching that open mouthed in the cinema - ace.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:22 PM BST

Octopussy was written by George Macdonald Fraser, a very fine writer (Flashman etc).

Unfortunately, as detailed in his autobiography, the script he handed in was absolutely nothing like what ended up on screen.

Most of those Moore era films had about 50 writers working on them.

No surprise that the really shitty ones were minus writer Richard Maibaum, who wrote about 13 of the 22 films before his death in 1991.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:22 PM BST

Yeah well I'd try and distance myself from that as well. Awful, awful movie.

My names James Bond and I've got a gun,
I'm gonna shoot you dead and play with your bum.

I wouldn't say the James Bond films are bad. They appear to have great action sequences, plus it's cool to see a British bloke being portrayed all cool for once and i suppose it's just a bit of fun.

But I still couldn't sit through an entire film and thoroughly enjoy it. Except for Dr. No, I actually came away from that film and said, "Yeah, s'alright.".

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2008, 4:28 PM BST

My names James Bond and I've got a gun,
I'm gonna shoot you dead and play with your bum.

I wouldn't say the James Bond films are bad. They appear to have great action sequences, plus it's cool to see a British bloke being portrayed all cool for once and i suppose it's just a bit of fun.

But I still couldn't sit through an entire film and thoroughly enjoy it. Except for Dr. No, I actually came away from that film and said, "Yeah, s'alright.".

Goldfinger is amazing!! How can you not have sat through that one?

Yup, IMDB has Maibaum and Macdonald Fraser and someone called Michael G.Wilson credited for Octopussy. Macdonald Fraser's autobiog is a great read, by the way, lots of tales which basically go "and then the writers got screwed again".

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2008, 4:22 PM BST

Yeah, it's not as bad as they say. All the programs I use, which are only Firefox and Celtx work perfectly. I've never seen it crash either. I'm happy with it

If those are the only programs you use, then neither Windows nor any flavour of *nix would crash either.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 2 2008, 4:29 PM BST

Goldfinger is amazing!! How can you not have sat through that one?

I think I did sit through it... ASLEEP! Zing! Cool

The Live And Let Die script was written by Roald Dahl, of course.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 2 2008, 4:32 PM BST

The Live And Let Die script was written by Roald Dahl, of course.

Really? Interesting.

If those are the only programs you use, then neither Windows nor any flavour of *nix would crash either.

I use MS Office for Mac (still haven't found a better word processor), Final Draft occasionally, a variety of browsers (but usually Safari), iTunes, QuickTime, Azureus, LimeWire, and a whole bunch of Mac-specific apps, none of which have ever caused me any problems. There's nothing I can think you would want to do on Windows that you can't do on a Mac. Although I will admit sometimes you have to wait a bit longer for apps to be ported to Mac, such as Google Chrome (which looked like a nice browser when I tried it on Windows).

Aaron - Macs run on a *nix platform now anyway, as I'm sure you know.

Quote: Griff @ October 2 2008, 4:30 PM BST

Yup, IMDB has Maibaum and Macdonald Fraser and someone called Michael G.Wilson credited for Octopussy. Macdonald Fraser's autobiog is a great read, by the way, lots of tales which basically go "and then the writers got screwed again".

Michael G Wilson is the producer, and he wrote 4 of the films.

Ah OK, thanks.

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2008, 4:32 PM BST

Really? Interesting.

Yes.

Conversely Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.