Trying to remember the name Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ October 3 2008, 3:31 PM BST

Do you mean Penny Croft? Are you an East Anglian too Tim?

No, but she's handling one of my sitcoms at the moment as producer. She's an absolute lovely. She's worked with Spielberg and is friends with Warren Beatty. (Probably the closest I'll get to Hollywood, so...)

Was the No to the first bit or the second?

Quote: swerytd @ October 3 2008, 3:28 PM BST

I believe she did. And didn't George Clooney appear in an early episode as 'Dancing, monkey boy'?

Comedy genius, that was. Cancelled after only 13 series. A travesty!

Dan

I'd forgotten about that episode. My favourite thing was them always arguing about the colour of their waterproof hats... "Yellow's SO last year!" LOL. (Didn't the guy who plays Harold Bishop in Neighbours make a cameo as "The Drunken Pirate"? I also think they re-made it in the US under the title, 'Keep The Light On, Honey!'

Quote: Marc P @ October 3 2008, 3:42 PM BST

Was the No to the first bit or the second?

No. I mean, yes, Penny Croft, no, not East Anglian... I mean me, not her... Penny.

Lol.

Cool. Good for you. One of her mates wants to be in a sitcom I am punting which is nice.

:)

Good luck. Penny's latest pilot 'Zip & Hollow' may finally get its series if only Jennifer Saunders will f**k off for a bit. :)

If this is familiar ..

Episode 7: After a turkey is found on the farm, it grows into a gigantic turkey after eating radioactive grain.

.. then it's 'Woops!'.

And, yes it was a turkey.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2008, 3:45 PM BST

I'd forgotten about that episode. My favourite thing was them always arguing about the colour of their waterproof hats... "Yellow's SO last year!" LOL. (Didn't the guy who plays Harold Bishop in Neighbours make a cameo as "The Drunken Pirate"? I also think they re-made it in the US under the title, 'Keep The Light On, Honey!'

I never knew about the remake. That would have been so wrong!

Laughing out loud at Harold Bishop's appearances! Once every few years he'd just turn up again, claiming amnesia. I reckon it jumped the shark about five episodes from the end, when PJ & Duncan and their bowl haircuts appeared as 'Butch & Sundance' -- the gay tax inspectors looking into McShane's dodgy past. Singing 'Ready to Rhumble' at the top of a lighthouse was just a step too far...

<shakes head in disappointment>

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2008, 3:52 PM BST

Good luck. Penny's latest pilot 'Zip & Hollow' may finally get its series if only Jennifer Saunders will f**k off for a bit. :)

Well she's in that too. :)

What has JS got to do with it, taking up that kind of slot with Jam and Jerusalem you mean?

From what I understand, a bunch of (now ex-) Beeb executives gave JS a golden handcuffs deal, allowing her to produce a sitcom series per year. So they have to "respect" the licence-payers' money. Upshot being, if JS decides to do another series of J&J then it will prevent Z&H from going ahead as they're considered too similar in terms of demographic. It's a smelly old world, TV land.

Quote: swerytd @ October 3 2008, 3:54 PM BST

I never knew about the remake. That would have been so wrong!

Laughing out loud at Harold Bishop's appearances! Once every few years he'd just turn up again, claiming amnesia. I reckon it jumped the shark about five episodes from the end, when PJ & Duncan and their bowl haircuts appeared as 'Butch & Sundance' -- the gay tax inspectors looking into McShane's dodgy past. Singing 'Ready to Rhumble' at the top of a lighthouse was just a step too far...

<shakes head in disappointment>

Dan

Yeah, well my favourite episode ever was when they had to organise the North Sea seals to perform a dance for the Inspector Of Lighthouses.

That is bad. I can see why the set up is similar but that sucks.
I have not seen the pilot but Liza Goddard is one of the best comedy actors I have seen on stage.

Ok, we're going way, way off the original query now. Move to another thread please guys.

Quote: Aaron @ October 3 2008, 4:18 PM BST

Ok, we're going way, way off the original query now. Move to another thread please guys.

You took your time, Aaron :)

This Lighthouse premise reminded of an idea I couldn't be bothered to follow up on. I was going write something equally as outlandish and ask if anyone remembered it. I would then PM several boarders to say it was a gag and to get them to post a little known (non-existant) fact about the show.

The thing is, one of the people I WOULDN'T contact would be Aaron. I just liked the sadistic idea of our great leader thumbing through the Mark Lewisohn's Comedy Guide to work out what it was.

We'd make posts like: "C'mon Aaron! You must SURELY remember this"

:D

Sadly, I rarely turn to Lewisohn. If it doesn't jump to mind immediately, I do a quick Google, then give up. I am terribly lazy. Sorry to spoil your fun.

Quote: JohnnyD @ October 3 2008, 3:52 PM BST

Episode 7: After a turkey is found on the farm, it grows into a gigantic turkey after eating radioactive grain.

Is rather like Woody Allen in Sleeper: 'That's a big chicken.'

This is probably more outlandish than any hoax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woops

(that's Woops! with an exclamation!)